Zee's POV July 5, 2026

Start from the beginning

I cannot claim love at first sight because now that I know what love is, the love I had for him when we were students was an insubstantial feeling compared to the deep adoration, I have for him now. We have gone through trials and tribulations. Made a baby, and we are raising her. We have learned to play each other's bodies in the same way a masterful musician learns how to play their instrument. Nhu is the blood that swells in my heart. My mate, my love, my husband, my everything.

Here we were again seven years later, and I am still spying on him and admiring his beauty. Just like the young alpha of my university days.

ΩΩΩ

Nhu took a step into the hall stumbled, giggled, and righted himself. He had not noticed me yet. Not wanting to scare him, I let my pheromones fill the hallway. There is no way my mate would not recognize that.

Nhu's head snapped up.

"Hia?"

I stepped forward and Nhu came right up to my face and looked at me.

"Is that my mate who was a jerk to me today?", Nhu asked.

He was drunk. How could he be so reckless? What if I was some kind of predator waiting for him in this dark hallway?

Nhu pointed his finger in my face and laughed. His head bobbled on his neck like it was attached to a spring.

"No way that is Hia.", Nhu said, then leaned closer to peer into my face. Eyes squinted and unfocused.

"But you do look like him.", Nhu said.

Nhu giggled and then started to brush past me. Did he not recognize me? How drunk was he?

Then Nhu sniffed the air again and saw his reflection in the glass of a painting that hung in the hallway and walked over to it calling my name.

"Hia? Hia!"

I felt my eyes rolling into my head. This is one of the many reasons I did not want him out without me. I grabbed him by the arm and turned him towards me. Nhu let out a loud whine of protest and then brushed my hands away.

"Nhu, it's time to go home, come on.", I said.

I grabbed his elbow and he yelled and yanked his arm out of my grasp.

"You are way to Drunk Nhu, let's go.", I said.

"NO. Who are you.? Don't touch me. I am not going with you.", Nhu said.

He tried to walk by me. I grabbed his wrist.

"Nhu! Stop being stubborn and let's go.", I said.

"No!"

He tried to make a break for the dance floor.

"James! Net where are you? Help me!"

I was so pissed off. I could not believe he was this wasted. I held on to his arm while he kept calling for James and Net.

"Charawin Perdperiyawong!"

He stopped yelling for help and turned to look at me. Then his face blossomed into a huge smile.

"Hia."

He whined my name. It was so cute. I immediately forgave him everything and tried to pull him into my arms. He stumbled and landed against my chest and then nuzzled into my scent gland.

"Hia, what are you doing here?", Nhu asked.

Then I felt him stiffen and he took a step back and looked me up and down.

"No way, you can't be Hia. I told him not to come here. There is no way he would disobey me."

He giggled, turned away, and spoke over his shoulder.