Zee POV March 3, 2024

Damn, Janis and her meddling. How dare she show her face here. What I want to know is how the hell she passed all the security that I pay a fortune for in homeowner association dues?

The lady at the reception desk is a beta so she cannot smell my anger, but she has eyes and sees other second genders holding their noses and getting out of my way.

Before I reach her desk, she picks up her phone. I cannot hear her, but I can read her lips.

"Alpha coming in, hot."

Towering over the beta I reach the front desk and stare down at her. I am seething and I can see she is frightened. In my mind, Aunty from the plane whispers to calm down.

"How may I help you, Mr. Panich."

"Someone uninvited showed up at my door, entered my home without permission, and threatened my family while I was out. I want to know how this happened, and what will be done to ensure it does not happen again, and I want to see the video feeds.", I say,

"Oh no, I am so sorry. Let me get someone from security. Did this happen today?"

"Yes, about one hour ago."

ΩΩΩ

After hours of explaining, filling out a police report, making phone calls, and reviewing videos, we think we know how Janis got in. She walked through the front door, waited for a crowd to get in the elevator, and slipped in with them. She got out at my floor, and here is where it gets confusing. Her fingerprint was never added to my front door lock. After speaking to the manufacturer of the door lock, I found out she entered a manual code.

Each door has a generic code that you can key in instead of using the fingerprint function or the physical key. You are supposed to reprogram it once you install it. Someone made the brilliant decision to keep the generic code in place so building maintenance and security could access the suites if there was an emergency.

Every door in the 24-floor residential building can be opened using this generic code. The question is how did Janis know this?