NuNew's POV Event May 24, 2024

That grey fuzzy menace has been at it again. I stalk around the apartment hunting for him, with Strawberry's brand-new baby shoes that I had specially ordered. They are hand-painted with strawberries and stars. They are ruined! He must be here somewhere. That ding-dang cat is probably somewhere low, underneath a piece of furniture. It's like he knows it is difficult for me to bend down.

I decide and try something different. I am going to lure out the fiendish feline. I know July is a food whore and will be unable to resist the sound and smell of his favorite cat food being opened and served in his little cat dish. That I keep clean for him by the way. The little traitor.

I break the seal on the can of wet food wave my hand over the hideous mush and try not to gag.

"Who's hungry? Are you hungry? Are you hungry? Smells good."

Sure enough, it works and the fuzzy little turncoat crawls out from underneath the end table and trots over to his bowl. I smile in triumph. I even let him get a bite before I snatch the bowl away.

"Meow?", Traitor cat says.

I put the mangled shoe in his face and say the timeless words.

"What's this? Hmm. What Is This? Did you do this?", I ask.

July starts swishing his tail from side to side and lays his ears back.

"Don't you give me sass, Mr. You better tell me the truth? What is this?", I ask.

More tail swishing and now a growl. I can't believe this little devil. I jump up put the bowl on the counter and move to grab him. But I am fat and pregnant, and he knows I have no chance of catching him. I swear he is laughing at me. He leaps up onto the counter and goes for his food.

"HOW DARE YOU!", I yell.

Now we have a standoff. I have the shoe and I am ready to use it as a weapon and July is going to go down fighting before he lets me take his food from him.

I hear a sleepy voice.

"What's going on? Nhu are you okay?", Hia asks.

Both of us manage to look guilty. We are about to be busted. But we have a secret agreement. In front of Hia, we pretend to get along. I put the shoe behind my back with one hand and pat July with the other.

"I am giving July Kitty a snack.", I say.

Both of us make big boba eyes at Hia.

"Oh. Okay. It sounded like you two were fighting.", Hia says.

July starts inching toward his food. He seems a little smug to me. I think he thinks he is going to get away with destroying Strawberry's shoes and get to eat the food. I think not.

"Well, July is a little upset because I needed to take the food away. There is a worm in it. He doesn't understand so he got a little possessive.", I say, lying through my teeth.

And before either male can move, I pick up the can of wet food and put it in the trash. If a cat could gasp in horror, July would. I turn my back on Hia to face July.

"I am sorry baby. I can't let you eat that yucky food. It will make you sick.", I say.

While I am speaking, I hold up the shoe and bare my teeth. Then I point to my eye and then I point to him. I think July got the message. Just in case he doesn't I will make sure to keep the door to my nest always closed. There is no coming back from that.

ΩΩΩ

Week 33 of your pregnancy is May 21, 2024 - May 27, 2024

The immune system is maturing

The bones in your baby's skull are still pliable which makes it easier for her to fit through the birth canal. Your uterine walls are becoming thinner allowing more light to penetrate your womb. That helps the baby differentiate between night and day.