Email January 22, 2024

To: Zee Pruk Panich

From: NuNew Charawin Perdpiriyawong

Re: Urgent in the Hospital Come Home

Zee,

We are in the hospital but stable. Strawberry is fine, for now. I am not, I rejected the hormones. Dr. U. gives me one month before the damage to me is permanent, and Strawberry gets hurt. I don't want to consider what happens after a month. So, we need to get busy making sure it never comes to that!

Our next option is to find a surrogate alpha. An alpha, my body does not reject to replace you.

My feelings about a surrogate are complicated. I know I need to, but I don't want to. I feel like I am betraying us. Mom said to stop being muddle-headed and think of the alpha like a nurse, or an aid. That might work but I am not exactly in control of my omega...they have gone a bit rogue. LOL

In all seriousness, the reality of the situation I am in is terrifying. We could die. It did not sink in until I woke up in a hospital after being in a coma for a week. How did it get to this point? Am I cursed? So many impossible circumstances have happened during this pregnancy. I feel like I am trapped in an Escher drawing, and I can't find a way out.

The biggest kick to the gut is your parents. They know about Strawberry and our circumstances but won't help or approve a satellite call to you unless I give up my parental rights to Strawberry. Two lives are at risk. One of them is their grandchild.

They have known about Strawberry for over a week. You could have been here by now if they cooperated. It is unfathomable.

I am so tired Hia. I fight all day from my hospital bed. My family has completely abandoned their lives to help us. Max, Nat, and James are all helping. But we don't have the money your parents have. Eventually, I will have to give them what they want if we cannot find a solution.

So, let's find a solution. The most important thing we need to do is find a surrogate alpha and we have already begun the search. I am told it will be a miracle if we find a good candidate. We sure could use a miracle right now.

Anyway, my day is spent meeting eligible alphas from my hospital bed to see if they are a good match. It is like a cross between a dating show and a survival show.

'Who will be the lucky alpha to get the rose.' the announcer says.

Alpha comes in.

'Growl. Growl.', I say.

Alpha tries to soothe me.

'Growl. Lunge. Growl.', I say/do/say.

Dad wrestles me back into bed. Alpha is traumatized for life.

'Next Candidate!', the announcer says.

If only you could be one of the candidates. GAME OVER!

Some FYIs for you.

We have a restraining order for your family. An omega rights agency is helping. They are paying for our attorney.

If I can get discharged, we will disappear for my safety. Call Max if you don't know how to find us.

The best news is your engineer replacement is on his way and I sent a mushy letter with him to give to you. You can't laugh at my terrible letter. My brain is weak...drool...cough cough...no making fun of the patient.

I am so excited. What if you are here in the next week? Oh, Hia that would be incredible.

Be safe, be swift, be careful.

Sending you, my love.

Sincerely,

NuNew

Week 14 of your pregnancy is Jan 09, 2024 - Jan 15, 2024

Your baby's facial muscles are getting a workout as he squints, frowns, grimaces, and practices his first smile for you.

Week 15 of your pregnancy is Jan 16, 2024 - Jan 22, 2024

Your baby is looking more like a baby with legs growing longer than the arms and all her limbs moving. The ears are properly positioned on the side of her head and the eyes are moving from the side of the head to the front of the face. At your doctor's visit, he should offer you a quad screening test to check for Down's syndrome or other chromosomal abnormalities.

Strawberry 15 weeks. Special image. 4D

 4D