Zee POV Event October 22, 2023

I can't call Nhu. He must be thinking the worst. I call Max to call Nat and get Nhu's contact information while I curse out Patterson in my living room and pace. Should I just show up at Nhu's house? Max is not answering. I send another text to Max to call me ASAP.

I still have Nhu's email. That will have to do for now. I am stuffing things into a backpack. No suitcases are allowed as I will be traveling great distances in the desert. I remind myself that I need to run to the store and get supplies when I feel my stomach rumble and bubble and...I run for my life. What the hell is happening? I lose control of my bowels. I have had the runs before, and it was nothing like this. I am sweating and feel like I am going to die. I text Patterson to let him know. He reminds me the doctor said I may have some side effects because I had so many vaccines all at once.

Zee: "The Dr. said I might feel slightly uncomfortable. Feeling uncomfortable does not define what is happening to me right now. I have a fever and chills and cannot get off the toilet. How am I supposed to go like this? I still need to buy so many things."

Patrickson: "By tomorrow you will be fine. Don't worry about the gear. Lopez is already packed, and he is giving you, his pack. All you need is your personal gear."

Zee: "Are we even the same size?"

Patrickson: "Drink lots of water, I will pick you up at 5 am.",

Zee: "I hate you."

Patrickson: "You can hate me all you want as long as you get on that plane."