Journal January 28, 2024

I keep hoping to see Zee at the door. Today is the earliest possible day Zee could arrive. But no one has heard from him yet. Max told us the airports in Mali are nothing like here. They won't have wireless or internet. Nor will the planes. It won't be until he gets into France that he will be online.

I know all of this, but I can't stop jumping up and running to the door to look out the peephole. I imagine all sorts of reasons that would account for him to show up without notice. He lost his phone and only got the letter. He caught a ride on a military plane, and they were flying straight through. He lost his passport and is being smuggled into the country. LMAO

I need to calm down and get busy with something to distract myself.

The house is nice. It is taking some adjustment. These pregnancy hormones are a pain in the butt. They make me mental. Yesterday I growled and went for Film because he sneezed. What? It scared me. He just laughed at me and held me at arm's length while I struggled. Then he doused me with pheromones, and I went limp like a sleepy kitten. He carried me to the couch deposited me with mom and kitty plushy and turned on my favorite movie. He is good. He will make a good mate to someone.

I am unbelievably lucky to have Film. He has saved our lives. We will forever be indebted to him. But I don't want to get close to him. I don't want to accept his kindness. Already lines are getting blurred. It should be Zee taking care of us.