NuNew's POV March 22, 2026

It was late Friday night, technically it was Saturday morning, and Hia was not home yet. I had managed to get a very fussy Strawberry to sleep. She was not happy about not getting her evening dose of Daddy. I was not happy about it either. I checked location services, and he was still at the karaoke bar he had been frequently lately. They had a new client from Korea, and she was very involved in the design process. She frequently took her staff to eat, drink, and sing karaoke. Hia tried to explain that it would affect morale if he did not go. Both he and his partner were trapped into going out several nights a week and partying.

I tried to understand, I really did. Strawberry was no longer a baby anymore and was a toddler, and boy could she whip around the house. She was a handful, but it would not hurt her to delay getting Hia's pheromones until he came home. It just made her cross and she could talk now. Not much, but enough to say our names, and objects, and ask some questions.

'Dada. Want Dada. Dada now.'

When she realized Dada was not coming to her she decided to go to him and would try and open the front door to go look for him. We tried everything to stop her from opening the door. Childproof knobs, gates, even alarms. Nothing deterred her until we put a simple door jam at the top of the door. Which meant, I had to stay up and wait for Hia to let him in. 

Let's just say, I must have been a harrowing sight for Hia when he came home at 1 AM. Apologizing for keeping me up as I wordlessly walked to the bedroom, made sure he showered, scented Star and then I went to sleep. Why was I being such a bitch? Because more often than not he came home smelling like that beta's perfume.

The biggest potential rival to a mated omega was a beta. They could not mate, had mild to no pheromones, and could easily go in and out of relationships. For an unattached beta who wanted to get an itch scratched, there was nothing better than a married alpha. No alpha would walk away from their mate which meant they would not be annoying and chase after the beta.

To compensate for their lack of pheromones, Beta's often wore perfume. Eau de perfume, or Eau de toilette.

Yeah, I'll show you the business end of a toilet if you keep touching my alpha you bitch.

And Hia had been coming home almost every night reeking of that filthy whore's scent.

No matter what he said, he only made it worse. He swore he never touched her, and he did not let her touch him. But omegas are extremely sensitive to scents and coming home smelling of another was guaranteed to cause upheaval.

Even though I knew Hia loved me and would never cheat on me, the nights of waiting for him were wearing me down. Having too much time to think about him laughing at her jokes, drinking, singing with her, helping her to his car, and making sure she got home was causing a riot in my mind. And pretty soon, something was going to snap.

The day I snapped was on a Saturday. The weekends were supposed to be ours, but Hia had been pulled away for all sorts of emergencies and these "emergencies" were interfering with family time. But hey, I did my best to be supportive and on days like that I would meet my besties or go to Mom and Dad's.

This Saturday I met James, Film, Nat, and Max for brunch at a kid-friendly restaurant. I loved this place because it had a play area for wiggly toddlers and an attendant in there with them, and you could see the play area from your seat.

James and Nat were aware of the problems I was having with Hia's client and Max and Film probably did too because James and Nat would not be able to keep a secret like that and not vent to their alphas.

"I can't believe how big she is getting.", Film said.

He had been looking at Star a little wistfully lately. James told us that he wanted to have kids but wouldn't until he found out what happened to his parents. This suited James because he was young and still wanted to have fun.