Zee POV Event February 14, 2024

The plane has landed and I'm the first person out of my seat. It has taken me 72 hours of traveling to get here, but I am finally home. During the flight, I slept. I would not say I was well rested; I have crossed 8 time zones and jet lag has me in its clutches, but I don't care. I am an hour away from seeing Nhu.

Not much happened on this last flight. I did hear from Mark, and he confirmed that Janis had, tampered with my email. She had been logging on to my account for years. All compassion I had for that wretched beta withered away in the last 24 hours. I am thoroughly disgusted by her behavior. I feel like I dodged a bullet. She could have been my wife. The thought makes me shudder.

I messed around on social media to see what everyone has been up to. Okay, I was mostly looking at Nhu's timeline. While I was scrolling, I noticed a grassroots campaign. It caught my eye because I saw my surname in big letters. It looks like they are going after my dad and his company.

They say they have evidence of fraud and dangerous working conditions. This is nothing new. Over the years several groups have risen to expose and protest my father's shady business practices. I almost started scrolling again but the words omega, and unborn child caught my eye.

Somehow this group got a hold of the information about my parent's extortion attempts to get Strawberry. There was a recording. I listened to it. It was my dad.

When you are told that someone you love has done something awful, you tend to imagine it in the softest light. Hearing it for yourself; let's just say It was shocking. My feelings about my family are complicated right now. I don't think the reality of what they have done has fully sunk in.

I need time to process what has happened and get more information before I meet with my parents. Whether I confront them directly, or through an attorney depends upon what I find out. It may be easy to bully an omega, but not an alpha. In this society, the law favors the alpha.

While I stand and wait for the plane to dock and the doors to open, I check my air tag to see where my luggage is and laugh. It is still in Paris. Good, I don't have to waste any time going to baggage claim and I am now less than an hour away from seeing Nhu. I am so excited I can barely contain my temper with the passengers ahead of me.

Finally, I step off the plane and race through the terminals to the street. Max is waiting for me at the curb. I jump into the car and immediately smell Nhu mixed with another alpha's pheromones and tense up. The scent is coming from Film who is in the back seat.

"I figured I would let you get this out of your system before you see NuNew.", Film says.

I am doing my best to hold back a growl because I am grateful, beyond grateful, for Film's help. But I can't help how the alpha in me reacts to smelling my omega all over another alpha. I thought I was prepared for this. All delusions of preparedness are shattered when a large rumbling growl erupts from my chest.

"Aww. He is saying thank you Film." Says Max.

Both Film and Max are laughing.

"You owe me fifty dollars.", says Film.

My growl intensifies. My own cousin bet against me.

Film had the right idea. It was a difficult drive to NuNew's house, but I gained control of my emotions. Well done, Film! I looked at the amazing people I had in my life and felt gratitude.

"Thank you, both of you. I will never forget this.", I say.

They both wave me off and protest, but they know I mean it.

"Anything happen while I was on the plane?", I ask.

"Only NuNew driving everyone crazy getting ready for you.", Film says.