Zee POV Event October 22, 2023

NuNew is sleeping in my arms exhausted after our lovemaking. I want to wake him up and do it again, but this was his first time and we pushed him to his limit. We have plenty of time to build his stamina.

I am grinning like an idiot. He is finally mine. I told him everything. How perfect he was. How I felt about him. He stared up at me with his beautiful boba eyes like I was his everything. I love him so much. I can't sleep. I can't think. I can't stop watching him. I have never made love before. No one ever told me sex is incredible when you love someone.

NuNew's lips twitch into a smile and he murmurs something. I smile back at him. He is like a drug, and I am completely addicted. I have never watched anything this intently before, but I can't make myself look away, or take the rest I need. It's dawn anyway, I doubt I will sleep at all. But I do. For about an hour or two. My phone vibration wakes me up. I am so pleased by where I am and who I am with that I forget all about the phone, but the phone does not let up. I don't want Nhu to wake up, so I slide out of his bed and take the call in his living room.

It's Mr. Patrickson. What is he doing calling me so early in the morning? I remember the installation team leaves in the next day or two. Maybe there is a problem with my design, or getting the materials they need?

"Hey, Mr. Patrickson. Everything okay?", I ask.

"No, it's not. Lopez's mate is in the hospital. There was a car accident. She is not out of surgery. He is a mess.", says Patrickson.

"What can I do?", I ask.

"I hate to do this, but you are his designated backup in the event he cannot go. He is not willing to leave his mate like this. You are the only one familiar with the design. We can't find anyone else and train them in time. I don't want to call off the project. Most of the team is already in Mali preparing for Lopez." Patterson says.

He pauses and then makes the ask he has been building up to.

"I need you to go in his place. It is temporary. A month at best. Lopez is willing to go once his mate is back on her feet. Please help us.", Patterson says.

I think about NuNew. This is terrible timing. I need to be here to cement our relationship. It is a lot to ask of him to initiate our relationship and then make him wait a month. Patterson must sense my hesitancy.

"One, month Pruk. We will have to cancel the project without an engineer. I am so sorry to do this, but I am thinking about our mission and the children. We will never get another chance like this again.", Patterson says.

This is happening too fast. I know he is right, but I have waited for years for Nhu. Finally, everything was ready, and now this.

"Come meet me. I am at the Starbucks. The one near the train station. Let's at least meet and discuss logistics. You don't have to decide right now. Do you have a passport?", Patterson asks.

"Yes, but I have not agreed to do this.", I say.

"We are only talking. We don't even know if we can get you an emergency visa. You will also need vaccinations. Let's see if it is even possible and go from there, okay?", Patterson says.

While he is talking, I look for a piece of paper to write Nhu a note. I don't want him to freak out when he wakes up and I am gone. I find his printer and steal a piece of paper, but no pens. I can't text while I am on the phone and Patterson is not willing to waste a second. He is keeping me on the phone peppering me with questions.

I find an old pen in a junk drawer and start my letter. I want to ask Patterson to shut up for a second because I can't think. I begin to write. The pen keeps running out of ink. I am shaking it and using every trick I know to get the ink flowing.

NuNew

Good to see you again.

"Zee there is a car downstairs waiting to bring you to me. Hurry they won't wait long."

"What, no I am not ready. How did you even know where I was?"

"Your GPS is open to anyone in your contact lists. Hurry."

Shit, I am running around grabbing my stuff. I peek in at Nhu and he is asleep. I don't want to go in because Patterson is talking nonstop. I almost leave then remember my note. I sign my name and run out. I will text Nhu in the car.