Part 105

Lo'ak, Kiri, and Rotxo follow Sorfé, while Na'haji leads Neteyam and Aonung further down the beach. Neteyam walks along with his arms crossed, feeling entirely annoyed by many things, but keeping his mouth shut to not clash with Na'haji. Only because he hates the look he knows Aonung will give him if he does.

Aonung- Why can't they come out of the den tomorrow?

Na'haji- It is the worst day of the week. The people in wait grow tense and irritated as the hunting party leaves first thing. Some never return.

Aonung- Just how bad are these waters?

Na'haji- Sometimes bad enough to give you nightmares, that is, if you survive.

Neteyam- You really think taking the clan heir out into something like that is a good idea?

Na'haji- Do you doubt his ability?

Neteyam- Don't go turning shit on me again.

Aonung- Neteyam.

Neteyam- And don't you start patronizing me again. Damn, you're both on my nerves.

Na'haji- I see why your brother is so sensitive now.

Neteyam- The hell is that supposed to mean?

Na'haji- You are just as sensitive and immature as he is. With you as a role model, maturing at all would be a miracle for him.

Neteyam- You're one to talk. Singling me out like some child.

Na'haji- Your weak insults cannot combat against truth, son of Toruk.

Neteyam- Can I please beat him to death now?

Na'haji- Resorting to violence. Do you feel cornered?

Neteyam- About as cornered as you felt the day you attacked me first. Did you forget about that?

The older boy suddenly turns to Neteyam with a fist raised, but his blow is halted when Aonung grabs onto his wrist, glaring at him. Neteyam internally leaps for joy, but keeps a calm exterior as he observes the shocked look on Na'haji's face.

Aonung- Aren't you taking us somewhere? Focus on that.

Na'haji- I still do not understand why he is your chosen one.

Aonung- I'm still wondering that myself, but I wouldn't change my mind.

Aonung releases him and he pulls his arm back, then turns to proceed with leading them where he needs to.

Mune Olo'eyktan [Neteyam x Aonung]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara