Part 4

After searching through blinding rain, Neteyam spots a cave.

With Tuktirey on his back, he tells the others and they all head into the opening. Finally able to see clearly, and finally given a chance to dry off.

Neteyam and his siblings instinctively shake the loose water out of their hair, while the Metkayina teens leave it be.

Lo'ak, Kiri, and Tuk sit with Neteyam on one side of the cave, while Aonung, Tsireya, and Rotxo sit across from them in silence.

Tuktirey- How long will the storm last?

Kiri- I don't know, Tuk.

Aonung- It's a big one, there's really no telling.

Tuktirey's expression becomes fearful, and Neteyam glares at Aonung for making it worse.

Tuktirey- What if the Ilu never come back.

Kiri- Tuk . . .

Tuktirey- Will we be stuck here forever, away from mom and dad?

Neteyam- No, Tuk, we'll get back to them.

Neteyam holds his baby sister close and rubs her head reassuringly.

Neteyam- We'll be okay.

Tuktirey starts sniffling as tears begin to form in her eyes. Kiri attempts to shush her, saying reassuring things, but fails to calm her down.

Tsireya- Maybe having something to eat will take her mind off things.

Neteyam nods, agreeing with Tsireya. Aonung jumps up with a huff and storms out of the cave.

Lo'ak- The hell is his problem?

Tsireya- I will go with him to gather supplies for the fire. Rotxo, stay with them.

Lo'ak watches Tsireya leave the cave, and Tuktirey begins to wipe her still flowing tears.

Neteyam- We'll be okay, Tuk. Are you hungry?

Tuktirey- I want to eat with the whole family.

Neteyam- I know, but not today, okay. You just have to settle for me, Kiri, and this skxawng over here.

Kiri giggles softly when Lo'ak makes a face at the way Neteyam referred to him. Tuktirey moves to sit in front of Neteyam, with sad pleading eyes.

Tuktirey- Will you sing to us?

The question catches Rotxo's attention, and he looks over at Neteyam for his answer.

Neteyam glances at his other siblings, and they nod happily, wanting him to sing as well.

Neteyam- Alright, come on.

Tuktirey excitedly gets into position. They form a small circle while sitting on their knees.

Neteyam looks behind Tuktirey and notices Rotxo watching them with his knees pulled up to his chest. He can tell Rotxo is also feeling uneasy.

Neteyam- Join us, it will help you stay calm.

Rotxo slightly shakes his head, and continues to hug his legs.

Neteyam- Aonung hates us so you hate us too, is that it?

The boy remains silent, averting his eyes.

Neteyam- Can't you think for yourself?

Rotxo's ears perk up and Neteyam has his attention for a moment, before he turns away in silence again.

Lo'ak- Forget about him. He's Aonung's minion, he'll never turn.

Neteyam merely shakes his head at Lo'ak's comment.

Each of them holds the hand next to them, forming a full circle, then they begin to vocalize. The harmony instantly pulls Rotxo's attention.

Each individual voice and part coming together forming the most soothing sound.

When their vocals turn to hums, Neteyam begins to sing, and Rotxo finds himself entranced, forgetting the worry he felt only a moment ago.

The song draws him in, and he slowly moves towards their circle.

When Kiri notices, she releases Lo'ak's hand and reaches out for Rotxo's. He hesitates, but takes her hand and sits next to her. Lo'ak is shocked, but pleased, and holds Rotxo's other hand as Neteyam continues to sing to them.

Rotxo mimics the other three, closing his eyes, and just enjoying Neteyam's soothing voice.

Forgetting the storm, their lost Ilu, and the fact that they're stranded. It all disappears. And once Neteyam stops singing, everyone feels much better.

They release each other's hands, and Neteyam smiles, happy that Rotxo decided to join them.

Rotxo also looks happy, until he looks at the cave entrance and the smile fades.