Part 87

As they approach the head family's den, Lo'ak's ears fall when he sees Tsireya cleaning up a bit inside. When they reach the entrance, she turns and gasps at the sight of the two missing boys.

Slowly, she walks up to them, and Neteyam stands off to the side.

Rotxo takes a nervous breath, and Lo'ak tenses up, but a tap on his arm helps him muster up the courage to say something.

Lo'ak- Hey . . . Uh, I'm really sor-

She suddenly brings them both into a tight hug, shocking them.

Tsireya- I am sorry too.

She squeezes them as tightly as she can, and the boys return her hug. After a short but comfortable moment, she releases them and looks between the two.

Tsireya- I'm just glad you two are okay.

Lo'ak begins to smile softly, feeling much relief. He was worried she'd feel hurt by just the sight of them.

Rotxo- How can you forgive us so easily? We-

She takes his hands in hers and smiles.

Tsireya- It's not important anymore, I'm past it. I like for you to be happy, and if that's with Lo'ak then so be it. No one has any right to deny you that, so just let yourself enjoy it.

Rotxo- Are you sure you're okay with this? I mean really sure?

Tsireya- Yes, believe me. The one that'll take some convincing is my brother.

Lo'ak's small smile fades at the mention of the one whose trust he broke and will have to work twice as hard to regain.

Neteyam- Where is Aonung?

Tsireya- Probably on the beach. He's waiting for our mother to return.

Rotxo- Where did she go?

Tsireya- One of our neighboring villages, to retrieve a descendant of Vireyan.

Lo'ak- Vireyan?

Tsireya- It was once a very small village of healers, but became so underpopulated they dispersed and began living in other places, as a part of larger villages.

Lo'ak- So it was like a village of Tsahiks?

Tsireya- Something like that. My mother said some had senses beyond belief.

Rotxo- Why would she need to bring someone like that here?

Her face falls a bit, making them feel concerned.

Tsireya- There's something wrong with Aonung, but she couldn't find any signs that would cause what he's describing.

Neteyam- What was he describing?

Tsireya-  A feeling within his queue during Tsaheylu.

Neteyam quickly turns and walks off, heading straight to the beach. The others stand there watching his abrupt departure, and being reminded of the problems the two boys already have to deal with. They can only hope this isn't the start of another one.