Part 1

Chapter 1

The morning sun is shining brightly, reflecting off of the clear blue ocean, complimenting the lightly clouded skies.

Along the calm seashore, on the peaceful sandy beach, a not so peaceful commotion occurs. A couple of Metkayina boys are fighting the Sully boys.

The clan leader's daughter, Tsireya, stands off to the side fussing at her brother.

Tsireya- Aonung, knock it off!

Tuktirey stands by Kiri, worried by the chaos. But her attention soon turns to their parents, running up to them and pulling them apart from each other.

Jake grabs his eldest son by the arm.

Neteyam- Mess with my family again and I'll really kick your ass, Aonung!

Jake- Hey!

Jake yanks Neteyam's arm, and he faces his father.

Jake- That is the chief's son.

Neteyam- (sighs) Sorry, Sir.

Lo'ak- Don't apologize, he's a piece of shit.

Neytiri drags her younger son by the ear, and towards their den, while Jake apologizes to the chief.

Tonowari also gives his apologies, for the behavior of his own son.

In the Sully den, Jake lays his sons out, while Neytiri talks to Tuktirey and Kiri in their room.

Jake- Since the day we got here, all you kids have done is argue, and now you're fighting each other? They gave us shelter, but you keep disrespecting them.

Lo'ak- We weren't disrespecting anyone, they came to us.

Jake- Don't give me that. I know you threw the first punch.

Neteyam- They were messing with Kiri.

Jake- No, don't make excuses for him. He needs to learn how to just walk away.

Lo'ak- Yeah, that'll teach 'em.

Jake gives his son a stern look in response to the boy's sarcasm. Lo'ak holds his head low, while Neteyam sighs.

Neytiri comes out of the kids' room, and looks at her boys, disappointed.

Neytiri- You scared Tuk. Do not show her such foolish violence.

Neteyam- Sorry, mother.

Neteyam looks at Lo'ak expectantly, then the younger boy faces his mother.

Lo'ak- Sorry, mom.

Neteyam- We will make peace.

Jake- You sure will. I know exactly how you'll do it too.

The brothers exchange confused looks, unsure of what exactly their father could be thinking.

In the chief's den, Tonowari scolds his son for his shameful behavior.

He yanks Aonung's bond roughly, causing him to wince.

Tonowari- What is your problem, huh? Why must you cause trouble with our guests? You should know better.

Aonung remains silent, holding onto his bond with a pained expression, wishing his father would let go. But he's yanked roughly once again because of his silence.

Tonowari- Why do you do it?

Aonung- . . . Because I hate them.

Tsireya opens her mouth to protest, but Tonowari holds his hand out, stopping her.

He releases his son's bond, then places a firm hand on his shoulder.

Tonowari- Learning to ignore personal feelings towards individuals is key to becoming a leader. You must see the bigger picture.

Aonung- I know that.

Tonowari- Whatever it is that makes you feel this way, look past it, and make peace with the Sullys.

Aonung reluctantly nods, then his mother walks into the den.

Ronal- Jake Sully wishes to speak with us.

She glances at their children, then back to Tonowari. He takes the hint, and dismisses them while he leaves the den with his mate.

Tsireya walks over to Aonung, inspecting his bond.

Tsireya- Does it still hurt?

Aonung- It always hurts.

Aonung walks deeper into the den, with a huff, fed up with his father's form of punishment.