Part 5

Tsireya walks in with some sea plants, and Aonung follows her in with some sticks and a few stones.

She sits the plants down and smiles widely at Neteyam, while Aonung simply shakes his head and starts trying to spark a fire.

Tsireya- That song was beautiful.

Neteyam- It was taught to us as a way to sooth or entertain in tough situations.

Rotxo- Can you teach us?

Aonung- (scoffs)

Both Neteyam and Tsireya glance at Aonung, not appreciating his attitude. Neteyam looks back at Rotxo's expectant face, and smiles.

Neteyam- There's more to it. Two parts, and a dance in between. But the first half usually does the trick.

Tsireya- I would love to learn all of it.

Rotxo- Me too.

Tsireya smiles and places a hand on Rotxo's shoulder, glad that he seems to be warming up to the Sullys.

Neteyam- We'll teach you then, as a thanks for what you've done for us.

Tsireya and Rotxo get visibly excited in anticipation.

Aonung- Pit's ready.

They look towards Aonung, who has already started the fire and is ready to cook. Lo'ak hands him the fish he caught, and he prepares them on sticks.

Once the fish are fully cooked, Tsireya and Rotxo sit with the Sullys while eating. While Aonung sits against the wall away from them, enjoying his food by himself, and observing Rotxo.

Soon after eating, they call it a night and find spots on the ground to sleep. Tuktirey sleeps cuddled up to Kiri, and Lo'ak and Neteyam lie back to back. Tsireya sleeps near Lo'ak, with Rotxo next to her.

Aonung sleeps closer to the cave entrance, with his back against the wall. And when the sun rises the next morning, he's the first to wake.

Followed by Neteyam, Tsireya, Rotxo, Lo'ak, then Tuktirey and Kiri.

Immediately after, they waste no time heading to the water to call for their Ilu. But even after an hour's worth of calls, none show.

Tuktirey sighs and plops herself on a large rock, growing anxious. Her oldest brother notices and reassures her.

Neteyam- Don't worry, Tuk, they'll come. Just be patient.

Aonung begins to observe Neteyam. Encouraging patience is good, but he sees Neteyam's tail flicking around from his own impatience.

Sensing that Neteyam must be getting frustrated himself, Aonung gives him some advice of his own.

Aonung- After that big storm, there's no telling where the Ilu ended up. It may take hours for them to even be in sound range. We should take a break.

Kiri groans and plops down in front of Tuktirey's rock. Rotxo and Tsireya sit near them, taking Aonung's advice. Lo'ak looks at Neteyam to see what he'll do.

Neteyam- Wait here.

Lo'ak- Huh?

Neteyam suddenly dives into the ocean, and Lo'ak calls out to him. He resurfaces, answering to his brother's call.

Lo'ak- What're you doing?

Neteyam- If our Ilu can't hear us, I'll find us another ride.