Part 135

Their gazes snap to the entrance, seeing Neteyam stroll in towards them, looking tired.

Neteyam- Moving here, leaving my old home, that was a reset. Going from the supporter to the supported, that was a reset, a good one though . . . Knowing you, and then not, that's the worst reset of all.

Aonung- Don't give me that-

Jake- Let him speak.

Aonung shuts his mouth, and Neteyam glances at his father, giving a silent thanks.

Neteyam- I thought about what you said. I haven't considered how you felt, from day one honestly. I would just do what I'd do, and you'd have to deal with it. Somehow, then, you never seemed bothered by it, but maybe I just couldn't see that.

Aonung- No . . . If . . .  if I really did like you, you were probably just an exception.

Neteyam- Ah, that's probably it.

Neteyam inwardly smiles for a moment, thinking of how special he used to be to Aonung, but quickly wipes the thought from his mind. He must move on.

Neteyam- Last night I took time to really think. I thought about how Rotxo told me you were just a different person now, someone I don't know because you changed after you met me, and that's when I realized you're something else too.

Aonung- And that is?

Neteyam- Someone who doesn't know love. I know it sounds crazy, but for you to have changed the way you did it must've been some sort of instant connection.

The marine boy's eyes widen a bit, and Jake glances at him.

Neteyam- You are the Aonung I know, just troubled, and also without the influence of attraction.

Aonung- . . . You haven't really acted like you know me.

Neteyam- But I do. I know that you're more kind than you're perceived, and the only time you act so unlike yourself is if something's wrong, but I also know you try to hold it in and focus on what you think is more important.

Aonung- How do you know that for sure?

Neteyam- I was the same way. I think that's why you liked me, before, because we were so alike. Can't say for sure though, you never really told me.

Aonung hums in response, beginning to think.

Neteyam- I should've noticed that what was happening was something you've done before, and realized how much I was bothering the hell out of you, but I didn't. I couldn't see through my own hurt, I'm sorry.

Neteyam holds his hand out in front of Aonung, and the boy looks up at him, leaving his thoughts.

Neteyam- I'm ready to start over, if you are, and I hope we can at least be friends again.

Aonung- You said we were alike before, but now, we couldn't be more different. How do you know we'll even be able to get along?

Neteyam- Because I know you, and I want you to know me again too. So, ready to move forward?

Aonung stares at his hand for a moment, before looking back up at him with a nod, and holding his own hand out. They grip each other's forearms for a short moment then let go, and Neteyam begins to smile.

Neteyam- Ready for training?

Aonung- You look pretty tired.

Neteyam- Well I was up all night in the rain.

Jake- I sent my squad out without me so I can actually be Aonung's teacher now.

Neteyam- I'll take Yune then.

Jake- Neteyam, just rest today, you look like you're gonna fall over.

With a yawn, Neteyam complies without a second thought and goes over to his hammock, climbing in and immediately falling asleep. Jake chuckles at him.

He may have learned to rely on others, but he still needs someone to tell him when he should take it easy, and his father is the same way.

Jake- Glad you two could make up.

Aonung- Something about him still pisses me off though.

Jake- Of course.

Jake shakes his head, but he knows he doesn't have to worry about the two for now.

Jake- Come on, we'll tell the others he's back, find Yune, and start training.

Aonung- Okay.

Jake may think him childish for still holding something against Neteyam, but he couldn't really explain it even if he wanted to.

After everything he said to Neteyam last night, rejecting him and the old feelings that linger, the boy's presence still felt comforting to the emotions left from his lost memories.

He can't stand it.

He doesn't want to feel that way without a reason, one he can actually remember.

Mune Olo'eyktan [Neteyam x Aonung]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें