Part 129

Rotxo walks along the beach heading towards the forest edge, still fuming, and it shows on his face.

Talon- Now there's a glare that could kill.

He turns to the side and sees a few teens hanging out in a dry spot under a tree. Two taller boys, two taller girls, and one girl about his height.

Lori- Damn, Tal, he doesn't look like he's in the mood.

Talon- I'm always in the mood to make friends.

Shore- Yeah, you, not everyone else.

Talon- I'm gonna go say hi.

One of the taller girls facepalms as the boy that spoke so loudly about his face stands to walk over to him.

Coona- Why does anyone even bother?

Bay'an- Because common sense is taught.

Coona- It's a little too late for him, though, don't you think?

The boy walks up to him with a wave and smile, showing how one of his fangs is longer than the other. He has a curly mohawk that flops to the left side of his head, and from his build, it's clear he's a warrior, but even the nicest ones don't look quite this friendly.

Talon- Hey. Why the face?

The other boy quickly runs up to him, grabbing his shoulder. This one's hair is braided in the front, while the rest of it flows freely in the back.

Shore- Dude, you can't just ask about this business like that.

Talon- Oh, right, I haven't introduced myself. I'm Talon, this is Shore, back there is Coona, Bay'an, and Lori. What's your na-

Shore- That is not what I meant. Let's just go, and leave the guy alone.

Talon- But I wanna cheer him up.

Shore- Leave it, Tal.

Rotxo watches the two go back and forth, finding it strange they seem to have forgotten he's there.

Talon- Are we really gonna have to go through this again?

Shore- We wouldn't have to if you'd just listen to me for once.

Talon- I don't know why you think I wanna be ordered around so much.

Shore- Oh forget it.

Talon- Too late.

Talon suddenly tackles Shore and the two end up wrestling each other.

Lori- Oh great, they're doing it again.

Coona- Who do you think will win this time?

Bay'an- No telling.

As the two boys continue to roll around in the wet sand trying to hold each other down, Rotxo finds himself unable to walk away from the amusing sight. It's ridiculous enough to be funny, and it makes him laugh.

Soon Talon successfully gets Shore into a headlock.

Talon- Say it.

Shore- Never.

Talon- Say it.

Shore- Never!

He pinches his trapped friend's cheek roughly, making him whine.

Shore- Ow, ow, ow! Fine! I give up!

He releases him, and Shore stands with a huff, trying to rid his long wavey hair of the sticking sand it picked up. Talon stands and walks back over to Rotxo, who's calming his laughter.

Talon- Now, what's your name?

Rotxo- Rotxo.

Talon- Nice to meet you.

Rotxo- Likewise.

Shore- Rotxo? Aonung's brother?

Rotxo- That's me.

The three girls leave their try spot to join them in the rain.

Lori- So glad you didn't sock him in the face or something for bothering you.

Talon- You can't hit someone for being friendly.

Coona- You can if they're annoying.

The shorter girl, Bay'an, starts laughing, and Talon rolls his eyes playfully.

Talon- Well I knew he wouldn't hit me. He looks so cute and friendly.

Shore- Wouldn't go calling him that if I were you.

Talon- Why?

Aonung- 'Cause I'll beat your face in.