Part 63

As the day grows closer to eclipse, the preparations are done, and everyone is preparing themselves.

Neytiri is with Jake while Ronal helps prepare him for the ceremony. Tsireya is with Kiri, and Tuktirey getting dolled up while looking after Wari. Neteyam and Aonung are with Spider, helping him look as Metkayinan as possible.

While Lo'ak finishes getting himself ready, Rotxo shows up at his den. Lo'ak turns and sees he has on a new loincloth and necklace.

Lo'ak- You're gonna make me look bad.

Rotxo chuckles, walking over to him and closely observing Lo'ak's change of attire, scanning him up and down.

Rotxo- You don't look too bad.

Lo'ak- (laughs) For real, though, I look good as hell don't I?

Rotxo- Sure.

Lo'ak- Don't be stingy with my compliments.

He pulls Rotxo closer to him, resting his hands on his waist.

Lo'ak- Who's your sexy mate?

Rotxo's lips curl into a strong smile as he bursts into laughter. When he regains his composure he lightly taps the side of Lo'ak's face.

Rotxo- You are, skxawng.

Lo'ak- Damn right.

Rotxo- Can you do something for me?

Lo'ak- Anything. What do you want?

Rotxo- Braid my hair.

Lo'ak smiles at his request, then grabs a combing tool, and sits on his father's large case, with Rotxo placed on the floor in front of him, his back facing him.

He tries to work as quickly as he can without messing up, to make sure they aren't late. But a few minutes before he finishes, they both hear the ceremonial music start.

Lo'ak- All done.

Rotxo turns around to face him. After observing his work, an idea comes to him.

Lo'ak- Hold on.

Rotxo watches curiously as Lo'ak goes into the back of the den, then returns with a few tiny objects in his hand. He sits in front of Rotxo again, then adds a few beads to two braids in the front.

Lo'ak- Now I'm all done.

Rotxo holds the two beaded braids out to look at, then lets them flop back onto his forehead. He starts swishing the braids around with a little giggle, and Lo'ak smiles.

Lo'ak- You like?

Rotxo- Yeah! How do I look?

He cups Rotxo's face in his hands, and pulls him closer, squishing his cheeks.

Lo'ak- Fucking adorable.

Rotxo- Really?

He chuckles at Rotxo speaking through his smushed face, then kisses his nose before releasing him.

Lo'ak- Yes, really. Now let's go, we're already late.

The two boys arrive on the beach just as the opening ceremony ends. Jake has already been gifted a toa guard, and is officially the Olo'eyktan. Now the entertainment is about to begin.

In the crowd, Neteyam, Aonung, Spider, Tsireya, and Kiri are all together. Tuktirey is with Neytiri, along with Ronal and Wari.

When the two late boys walk up to the others, their eyes widen at Rotxo's new look.

Kiri- So that's why you guys are late.

Tsireya- You look great, Rotxo.

Aonung- He's turning into a forest boy.

Rotxo- (laughs)

Tsireya- Lo'ak . . .

Lo'ak gives Tsireya his attention, and she bashfully poses, showing off her new attire. Threaded shells hang from her waist, matching her top.

Tsireya- Kiri helped me make it. What do you think?

Lo'ak- You two did a great job. You look amazing.

She grabs onto his hand happily, then faces the others.

Tsireya- Now come, the dancers are ready.