Part 126

Not too far away, Lo'ak and Rotxo walk out of the waters with a few fish they caught for themselves after helping the other hunters.

Though they still have their parents to take care of them, they've been instructed to be more independent since they'll likely move out sooner than others.

Living together strengthens and secures the mated bond, and once they start working separately, they'll need that time together. Rather than having to worry about any children, they'll have to worry about each other, which, in a way, is harder to deal with.

For now, though, the two have been happy with the way things are, for the most part. Their chores have kept them busy and distracted from Neteyam's troubles which they've tried to help with before.

As they head to the Sully den to prepare the fish they caught, since it's their turn to serve lunch, the couple walk hand in hand.

Rotxo- Think Neteyam is coming to lunch today?

Lo'ak- Probably not.

Rotxo- Don't say that. You never know, he might show up this time.

Lo'ak- After skipping out for a month? I don't think so.

Rotxo- Have you talked to him?

Lo'ak- Yeah.

Rotxo- I mean really talked to him, about Aonung.

Lo'ak- Well it's no secret they haven't really gotten along.

Rotxo- But it doesn't have to be this way. He can mend their relationship.

Lo'ak- He didn't seem to think so last time we talked.

Rotxo- Because he knows it'll be hard, much harder than last time, but I know Aonung, I can help.

Lo'ak- Now it's my turn to ask if you've talked to him.

Rotxo- About Neteyam, no, he doesn't want to. He is interested in knowing what you're like though, since you're mine.

They reach the den, and see Kiri, Tuktirey, and Sorfé inside. They greet them as they walk in and start fixing their lunch.

Lo'ak- So, what did you tell him about me?

Rotxo- I told him if he stopped avoiding everyone then he'd know you.

Lo'ak- Bet he didn't like that.

Rotxo- Not at all.

The two laugh, and Kiri and Sorfé become interested in their conversation. Lo'ak starts the fire and begins roasting the fish.

Kiri- You guys talking about Aonung?

Rotxo- Yeah. He won't say it, but he is interested in you guys.

Kiri- Then why does he act like we don't exist half the time? I mean, he knows we were friends, doesn't he want that again? It'll be better than being alone.

Rotxo- I could be wrong, but he probably doesn't think he has a place with us anymore.

Sorfé- Why would he think that?

Kiri- Neteyam is the reason he finally started getting along with us to begin with, and lately, they can't even get along with each other.

Sorfé- They need help.

Rotxo- Yeah, that's obvious, but it's the type of help they need that isn't so easy to figure out.

Sorfé- You said they became closer before he warmed up to you.

Lo'ak- Yeah, they started dating and then things got better from there.

Sorfé- Since this time is so different, you should take a different approach.

Rotxo- Have something in mind?

Sorfé- Perhaps befriending him comes first this time, and that will make way for what he and Neteyam once had.

Lo'ak- That could work. I mean that's how most things go anyway.

Sorfé- Helping him find his place among your friends should bring comfort, and ease.

Kiri- Yeah, easier said than done. He won't approach us, and we don't even know how to approach him.

Rotxo- Let me handle it.

Tsireya- Hey, guys.