Part 29

A ways into the forest, Rotxo swiftly makes his way through the trees, jumping across branches as he does, with Lo'ak trailing behind him.

The blue boy yells for him to slow down, but with a giggle, Rotxo quickens his speed, eager to reach their surprise destination.

Lo'ak quickens his own speed, seeing Rotxo directly in front of him. Just as he's keeping up, the smaller boy suddenly stops, and Lo'ak nearly slams into him.

Rotxo stops their near collision by holding his hand out, stopping Lo'ak with a push to the chest.

Lo'ak looks behind him, at the moss and leaf covered stone. His gaze wanders all the way up, seeing it's a mountain. Rotxo taps his shoulder, and he looks back down.

Rotxo- This way.

He turns around, and points to a small opening in the stone.

Lo'ak- This better be good.

Rotxo- Trust me.

Rotxo quickly slips through the opening, followed by Lo'ak. They make their way through a tight, dark tunnel, each hunched over to fit.

With Rotxo's tail right in front of him, he fights the temptation to touch it and just focuses on getting to where the boy is taking him.

Soon a light starts to appear from in front of them, and Rotxo's pace quickens. He climbs out of the tunnel, into a cave, then steps out the way for Lo'ak.

When he climbs into the cave, he sees a pond, lit by many bioluminescent creatures and plants. Even along the cave walls, there are bright lights emanating from small creatures.

The blue boy looks around with his mouth parted in awe.

Rotxo smiles, proud of bringing such a reaction out of his friend. He grabs his arm and pulls him over to the water, then sits down, dipping his legs. Lo'ak mimics the action, slowly, still taking it all in.

Lo'ak- This is insane, bro. How did you find this place?

Rotxo- I was exploring instead of collecting fruits.

Lo'ak laughs, still looking around the cave. Then he looks at the water, and slides in. Rotxo watches him swim around underwater with a smile.

When Lo'ak resurfaces, he looks at Rotxo, leaning back on his hands and happily enjoying the scenery.

When Rotxo sits up and looks back at him, he smiles with a chuckle, and makes Lo'ak's heart flutter for the hundredth time since his first ride on the Ikran.

Slowly, Lo'ak swims closer to him, until his hands reach the edge of the pond where Rotxo is sitting. They're placed on both sides of the boy as he pulls himself out of the water, positioned directly in front of him.

With their faces hardly a centimeter apart, Rotxo starts to ask what his friend is doing, but he stops him before he speaks. Placing their lips together gently, and completely petrifying Rotxo.

The kiss is short, and sweet. When he pulls away, partially in a trance, he finally sees Rotxo's wide eyes and overall flabbergasted expression. Then it finally hits him, the thing he just did, and his own eyes widen.

He backs away, then frantically gets out of the pond.

Lo'ak- Shit. I'm so sorry, Rotxo. I don't know what I was doing. I just . . .

Looking at Rotxo's expression tells him he wants a full explanation.