Part 91

The future leader isn't sure he was worth the boy's life, after spending so much time hating him. Sure, he's always known Ko'nan was strict with his son, but he never fathomed he would make the boy do such things in an attempt to take over.

A few warriors restrain the guilty man as he cries innocent. Jake makes his way through the forming crowd, checking Neteyam's face, then looking towards Aonung.

Someone comes and helps him stand slowly, and he looks at the many people in the growing chaos, most asking many questions.

He suddenly feels so overwhelmed, his eyes begin to dart around from person to person, and his breath starts to quicken uncontrollably. This is too much to handle at once.

Neteyam steps away from his father, seeing Aonung begin to hyperventilate, but the riled up people don't seem to notice it past their chaos. Everyone is so focused on what happened with someone suddenly becoming a traitor.

He looks down to the ground and sees the boy with an arrow through his chest. His heart drops, and he now knows exactly why Aonung is looking so panicked.

He pushes his way through the people, and makes his way up to him. But as he comes up to him, placing a comforting hand on his shoulder, the boy flinches and backs away from him.

Neteyam- Aonung?

He watches as Aonung's gaze continues to dart around at his surroundings looking so fearful. He wants to calm the boy down, since he's obviously overwhelmed. He turns to some of the people around them, yelling many things at them.

To calm themselves, for one, and for them to back up and give them some space, or to just leave in general.

After his attempt to shoo the crowd away, he looks back at Aonung just in time to see the boy faint.

He quickly rushes to catch him before he hits the ground, which causes even more of a ruckus. After kneeling to lie Aonung down, Neteyam's anger boils over.

Neteyam- Back the fuck up! Or go the hell on somewhere!

Upon hearing his angered voice, Jake rushes over to the boys, along with Ronal who still has Wari in a carrier since they've yet to head home since returning not too long ago.

They quickly have the warriors help them get rid of the crowd, and have Ko'nan dragged off to be tied somewhere until dealt with. A few others take Mo'dan's body to be handled and prepared.

Neteyam watches the boy be carried off. In the blink of an eye, Mo'dan had become a problem for him, but just like that, the problem ceased to exist. Though he never thought it would be because the boy decided to end it. He sees now, that he wasn't lying when he told him he felt like death was a fitting punishment for himself.

It makes him feel guilty, and like Mo'dan really did deserve the forgiveness he wouldn't even ask for, but he still couldn't have been the one to give it.

Slowly, the crowd disperses, leaving only a few. The Olo'eyktan, the Tsahík and her baby, plus two new faces he doesn't know.

One of them, an older woman with soft greenish eyes and her hair in a large bun, wearing a shawl.

The other, a boy with a fluffy ponytail, green eyes so striking they cause him to stare, and a piercing gaze.

The boy walks towards him, and he stares right into his eyes as he does so, until he kneels down towards Aonung, and he quickly snarls at him.

He holds the unconscious boy close, protectively, and the stranger steps back.

Ronal- It is alright, Neteyam, he is a healer, as is his mother.

Neteyam glances between the two strangers. The woman makes sense, but this boy right in front of him looks more like a warrior than a healer. Even Jake looks a bit puzzled by this fact.

Ronal- Bring him to the den, I will explain, and will also tend to that cut on your face.