Part 42

Lo'ak and Neteyam exchange a look. For a moment, Neteyam wonders if the person Aonung once kissed, but never talked about, is Mo'dan. Though decides not to dwell further on the topic.

Instead, he goes back to the problem at hand.

Neteyam- Pick one. Aonung or Tsireya?

Lo'ak- What?

Neteyam- To tell first.

Lo'ak- Neither.

Neteyam- Lo, come on.

Lo'ak- You weren't even supposed to know. What makes you think I wanna tell them?

Neteyam- Here's a bit of advice, baby bro. If Aonung catches you sneaking around like I did, his reaction is gonna be a lot worse than if you just come clean.

Lo'ak- I think the moment I tell him I'm breaking up with his sister, he's gonna kill me before I can elaborate.

Rotxo holds back a laugh, and when Lo'ak shoots him a look he looks the other way innocently. Neteyam smiles, thinking this new found couple is pretty cute.

Lo'ak sighs, and looks at his brother.

Neteyam- So?

Lo'ak- I . . . I think I need to tell Aonung first.

Rotxo- You sure?

Lo'ak- I think so.

Neteyam suddenly remembers the way Aonung spoke of his brother earlier. It was a moment that told him the two have really accepted each other. It made him happy. But this situation could ruin it if not handled carefully.

Neteyam- When I talked to him earlier, I could tell he's really warmed up to you. He even approved of you and Tsireya.

Lo'ak's face turns sorrowful. That's all he wanted when he first decided to be with the girl.

Neteyam- When you tell him this, you will likely break his trust. You know that, right?

Lo'ak- I do . . . But I also know I can regain it.

Rotxo smiles softly, and kneels next to Lo'ak.

Rotxo- I will help you.

Neteyam- Are you ready?

Lo'ak nods, not happy about what he has to do, but knows it needs to be done.

With that, Rotxo and Lo'ak follow Neteyam back to the village.