Part 64

They follow Tsireya to a large cluster of rocks to sit. Tsireya sits next to Lo'ak, with Kiri on her other side. While Aonung sits next to Neteyam, and Spider next to Rotxo on his other side. They have a full view of the dancers in front of the fire pit. Neteyam spots Mo'dan in the crowd, and scowls, but Aonung distracts him.

Aonung- You're about to witness the best of Metkayinan entertainment. Pay close attention, I may teach you.

A smile returns to his face.

Neteyam- Sounds fun, and amusing.

The music starts, and the drums are hit so intensely they can physically feel every beat. Three people begin their performance full of complex moves and flips. Neteyam watches in awe. He isn't sure how long it'll take him to learn such an advanced routine. He momentarily looks at Aonung, then back at the performers, hoping the marine boy is a good teacher.

Once the performance is over, various cheers and noises ignite from the villagers. Someone starts shouting the word "challenge", and others quickly join them in excitement. Chanting the word repetitively.

Many of them make their way to the space around the pit, with a partner, and the performers step aside excitedly. When a new song starts, Aonung jumps off the rock.

Neteyam- What's going on?

Spider- What are they chanting for?

Aonung- It's a challenge. You have to choose a partner to go against, and dance without messing up as the music gets faster.

Rotxo- It's his favorite song.

Rotxo chuckles, and Neteyam looks down at the hand Aonung holds out to him.

Aonung- Come on, challenge me.

Neteyam- But I don't know the moves.

Aonung- I'll teach you while the music is still slow. Unless you don't think you can handle it, mighty warrior.

Lo'ak- Ooo, show him what you're made of, bro.

Spider- Yeah, hand him his ass, Tey.

Neteyam rolls his eyes, and grabs Aonung's hand, sliding off the rock. He practically drags the blue boy to the middle of the crowd, wasting no time starting to teach him the moves. He's quick to pick things up with the slowed tempo.

When the music speeds up, Aonung smiles as Neteyam keeps up with him. The faster the song goes, the more people stand off to the side from messing up. Once Aonung and Neteyam aren't surrounded by a crowd anymore, the blue boy earns cheers for keeping up.

The others cheer him on from the rocks as Neteyam and Aonung become two of the last four still going. Jake and Neytiri cheer for their son as well, hoping he'll win. Unfortunately, he trips up when the music speeds up yet again, but he still gets much praise for going this long after just learning it.

He looks at Aonung, breathing heavily, but happily.

Aonung- For a moment there, I thought you could actually beat me, but I guess I'm too good for the mighty warrior.

Neteyam- You're lucky I'm too out of breath to tackle you right now.