Part 41

Lo'ak snaps his head towards the sound of his name, realizing they've just been caught. He looks back at Rotxo, and the boy nods with irritation evident on his face.

Without hesitation, he gently puts Rotxo down and pulls their bonds apart, then sighs heavily.

He looks behind Neteyam and sees Mo'dan standing there in pure shock.

Neteyam- What is this?

Neteyam gestures to both boys, but Lo'ak remains silent. He walks up to his younger brother and places a firm hand on his shoulder.

Neteyam- Lo'ak, when did this happen?

Rotxo- A month ago.

Lo'ak snaps his gaze to Rotxo, and the boy just shrugs, not caring if Neteyam knows.

Neteyam- A month?

Lo'ak turns to face Neteyam again with a nod.

Neteyam- What about Tsireya? Aonung finally accepted you, but you went behind his sister's back and mated with Rotxo.

Lo'ak- You don't need to state the obvious, Tey.

Neteyam- I think I do. Obviously you should have told Tsireya if you didn't want her. Now you're just leading her on.

Lo'ak- Tey-

Neteyam- How are you gonna break this to her?

Lo'ak- I don't know.

Neteyam- How will you break this to Aonung?

Lo'ak- I don't know! Okay?!

Lo'ak shoves his brother off of him, distressed.

Lo'ak- Don't you think I've thought about this already? I know exactly what position I'm in.

Lo'ak leans against the tree and slides down to the ground. Neteyam sighs, calming himself, then kneels in front of Lo'ak.

Neteyam- Why did you do it?

Lo'ak- I didn't mean for this to happen, but I'm not ashamed. I found out Rotxo is better for me. It was a rash decision but it's what I really wanted. Please understand.

Neteyam brings Lo'ak's forehead to his.

Neteyam- I do, I get it.

He smiles with a sigh of relief as his brother releases him. Neteyam looks at Rotxo, standing with his arms crossed.

Neteyam- You can calm down now, Rotxo.

Lo'ak- He's just pouting because he's been waiting for me to break it off with Tsireya. What you witnessed was me trying to make it up to him.

Lo'ak smirks awkwardly at Rotxo, and he shakes his head. Still slightly annoyed because he told Lo'ak they should do it up in the tree instead of on the ground. Had he listened, they never would've been interrupted.

Neteyam- Somehow I still don't think he would've stopped pouting afterwards.

Lo'ak- You don't know how right you are. By the way, what's Mo doing here?

Neteyam looks behind him at the silent, and still shocked, boy that he had forgotten about.

Neteyam- He's my escort today.

Mo'dan- Whatever I just witnessed, I'll keep it to myself.

Lo'ak- Thanks, bro, I didn't even have to ask.

Mo'dan- Rotxo's face made me volunteer.

The Sully boys laugh at Rotxo's intense glare, thinking it's funny because he's the smallest one there.

Neteyam- You can go back to the village, I'll stay with these two a bit longer.

Mo'dan- Ok, just don't hurt yourself out here climbing trees or something.

Mo'dan casually walks off with a wave as the Sully boys chuckle at his words.

Rotxo- Be careful with him, Neteyam.

Neteyam looks at Rotxo's serious expression, after hearing the warning in his tone. But he still doesn't see what the problem is.

Neteyam- Okay, I have to ask. Why? He seems like a nice guy.

Lo'ak- He is, I've gone hunting with him a few times.

Neteyam- What's supposed to be so bad about him?

Rotxo- As long as you don't tell him about you and Aonung, you won't have to find out.