Part 47

Hours earlier, the soon to be leader of the Metkayina had grown incredibly frustrated with everyone and everything around him.

The endless demands. The endless responsibilities. The endless expectations. The endless pressure. The endless problems. The lack of concern for just him: His halted mourning. His disbelief, shock, anger, and resentment. His sadness, heartache, fear, and helplessness. The lack of concern for his needs.

He felt so empty, yet so overwhelmed with emotion at the same time. He couldn't take it anymore, so he left for a break. Some time alone to try and separate himself from his burden of a life. But he still couldn't distract himself from this new form of pain he didn't know how to handle.

As he walked aimlessly around the rocky shore, he didn't notice the enemy approaching him. The enemy whose ship was already there when he arrived, but he hadn't noticed because he was blinded by his inner turmoil.

That blindness is what made him leave home with no weapon, and the reason he couldn't fight back when the first avatar attacked him.

First he was shot in the arm with a dart, but quickly pulled it out after feeling the pain. He had no clue what the object was, but knew he was under attack. His first instinct was to dive into water, but he was too far from the shore.

His next thought was to find the cave they used for shelter before, to hide. But as he tried to make his way there, he was hit with another dart. This time he just left it there, only focusing on running, unaware of the sharp object's true purpose.

When he was hit a third time, his body began to feel heavy, his mind became dull, and his vision was blurred. He became disoriented as he attempted to keep going, but his limbs gave out, making him hit the ground lying still on his stomach.

Still barely conscious, he saw an avatar lean down and look him in his blurred eyes with a smile, before passing out.

Colonel Miles Quaritch instructed one of the others to carry the marine boy's unconscious body to the boat. They rode the boat back to their ship, and once boarded, the avatar carrying Aonung followed the Colonel to an empty room where they left the young Na'vi lying on the floor.

As they headed back onto the deck, a certain human boy, with painted blue stripes, emerged from his hiding spot nearby. He looked around, scanning the empty area, making sure no one was approaching. Then, he quickly entered the room, closing the door softly behind him, and began observing their unconscious Metkayina captive.