Part 68

In another part of the village, near the beach, Neteyam strolls out of the forest, looking for Mo'dan. After some serious thinking, and drinking, he came to a conclusion.

He spots the taller boy throwing stones along the water with a few others. When he walks up to them, he grabs Mo'dan by the arm and drags him away from his friends, who all watch in equal confusion.

Though Neteyam isn't saying a word, it's clear to Mo'dan that he's changed his mind about his offer.

They enter the forest, and Neteyam continues dragging him, until they reach a specific area. Letting go of his arm, he walks up to a tree, then looks at the marine boy with a blank face.

Neteyam- Climb.

Neteyam starts scaling the tree, and Mo'dan awkwardly starts climbing up behind him. He's slow, and only makes it halfway up while Neteyam has already disappeared into the top branches.

When he gets closer, breathing a bit heavily, he calls Neteyam to help pull him up.

Mo'dan- Hey! A little help here! . . . Come on, my arms are tired!

When Neteyam finally shows himself again, he steps out onto a branch with a large bow and arrow. Mo'dan blinks in confusion at the sight of it.

Slowly, he aims the arrow directly at the struggling marine boy. Mo'dan looks at the arrow aimed at him, then up at the focused expression on Neteyam's face.

Mo'dan- Neteyam . . . What are you doing?

The focused boy takes a deep slow breath, trying his hardest to aim well despite his unfocused vision.

Neteyam- There is only one way to sever a mated bond.

Fear strikes Mo'dan's face as his heart starts racing.

Mo'dan- No. You wouldn't.

Like mother, like son. For his lover, he would.

He releases the arrow, and Mo'dan lets go of the branches he held onto. The arrow impales his arm, and he falls from the tree. He lands harshly, and stands with a loud groan. Clutching his impaled arm in pain, he begins to run back to the village, calling for help.

Neteyam looks around the branches, realizing he only stashed one arrow, not accounting for a failed attempt. Normally one try would've done the trick.

Normally, he wouldn't have been drunk.

He descends the tree quickly, and runs after Mo'dan with the bow in hand. By the time he reaches the village, his victim is already telling others of what just happened to him.

They stare at Neteyam, shocked and angry, but he ignores them and focuses only on one thing; Finishing his task.

He grabs the first weapon he sees, and goes straight for Mo'dan with it, but is suddenly restrained by a couple of warriors. As he struggles, a large crowd forms, and they push the boy down on the ground.

Soon, Ronal, Neytiri, and Jake walk through the crowd. Not far behind them are a few they just split from fighting each other. Aonung, Spider, Lo'ak, and Rotxo.

When Neytiri sees her son restrained, her eyes widen and her blood boils. Ronal looks at the warriors as if they've gone completely insane, treating the son of Toruk Makto in such a way.

Ronal- What is the meaning of this?

Ko'nan- He tried to kill my son!

Ronal looks at the young Metkayina boy with a large arrow through his harm. Neytiri recognizes the arrow as hers, then looks at the bow Neteyam has lying near him.

When Aonung makes his way out of the crowd, followed by Spider, Lo'ak and Rotxo, he looks at his lover being held to the ground, then to the injured boy on the side.