Part 98

Chapter 7

The day is dimmed by the sky painted grey with clouds, and a bit of a rough breeze blows through the village Paltu. The island has a beach that stretches around its forest placed in the center. The north and south of the long stretch of sands are the largest beaches, while the east and west are like thin strips.

This place has no reef on either side, only shallow waters lie just before the deep sea greets them.

The path taken from Awa'atlu to here from behind the island wasn't too bad, but these unfamiliar seas aren't always so calm. The waters here, known to Paltu and only two more villages, are known for being particularly dangerous, and it has a significant impact on the way of life here.

Many of these Na'vi are more built than what the Awa'atluan teens think necessary, but it's a must to survive in this place.

The atmosphere is not as relaxing as their home on a regular day, and a moment of relaxation is considered a luxury.

The moment the teens arrived, they were introduced to the oldest and youngest sons of Cin'lan, who were then placed as their caretakers while the Tsahík focused on her own duties.

The boys were quick to put them to work, helping to mend or build weapons and tools, to prove that they wouldn't be a burden.

It's only been a few days since they arrived, but the three sons of Cin'lan have already made quite the impression on them. Though, Yune had already done so before they came here, and since arriving, they've hardly seen him. Neteyam was glad for that fact, until this very moment, which has him thinking he'd prefer Yune over his older brother, Na'haji, who's two years older than him.

Within the crafting den, Neteyam stands from his spot and walks up to the taller boy, glaring into the one pale green eye that isn't covered by the dark bangs decorated with white streaks. Na'haji's ears lay, and he snarls a bit at Neteyam's confrontation.

Neteyam- I'm sick of you talking down to us.

Lo'ak, Kiri, and Rotxo stand from their places, also fed up.

Neteyam- Apologize or we're done.

Na'haji- I care not how you feel about me.

He speaks boldly through his bassful voice as he shoves Neteyam, making Lo'ak snarl at him, but Kiri holds him back.

Na'haji- You should just go home. No one will stop you.

Kiri- Your mother wouldn't approve of the way you treat us. Maybe it's time to finally tell her, instead of putting up with your shit.

Na'haji- Say what you want, but nothing will change, nothing ever does.

Lo'ak- Tey, let's just beat his ass.

Neteyam- No, we're leaving.

Lo'ak- Bro, come on.

His brother whines to him, but he doesn't give in, for Aonung's sake.