Part 128

When they walk in, Kiri is adjusting the next set of fish over the fire, and Tuktirey is talking to Tsireya and Na'haji about what weapons they use.

Kiri looks up at the couple as they take a seat near the fire.

Kiri- You two alright?

Lo'ak- Yeah.

She goes silent, glancing back at them every few seconds, and Lo'ak knows something is on her mind, but it isn't like her not to voice what she's thinking.

Lo'ak- What's wrong?

Kiri- Nothing's wrong, I just . . . I think I have an idea, to deal with Aonung. Problem is, it's probably not the best thing to do right now.

Rotxo- What is it?

Kiri- You guys got closer when you went off together even though you weren't supposed to, at the time we left for the clearing.

Lo'ak- Ah, yeah, the Three Brothers rocks.

Rotxo- Aonung's favorite place, that's a great idea.

Kiri- No it isn't. It's dangerous out there. Not to mention you'll get into trouble for abandoning your chores.

Lo'ak- Oh we know the risks, I'm just surprised you suggested that knowing the risks.

Kiri- You and me both. I don't want you to do this, but I want things back to normal. Or at least similar to normal.

Tsireya- I agree.

Kiri takes the fish from over the fire, and Lo'ak starts giving them out.

Lo'ak- So, when are we leaving?

Tuktirey- Can I come?

Lo'ak- You got scared the last time you went there with us.

Tuktirey- I won't be scared anymore, I wanna help!

Lo'ak- Well, scared or not, Mom and Dad would kill us if we brought you with.

Kiri- I'll stay behind with her.

Rotxo- When are we doing this?

Lo'ak- Tonight, I guess.

Rotxo- Alright, shouldn't take too long to get Aonung on board.

Tsireya- We will come too.

Kiri- We?

Tsireya- Na'haji and I.

Rotxo glares at Na'haji, and Lo'ak runs his fingers through his braids to try to calm him.

Na'haji- Not that I mind, but, I do not think he wants me to come with.

Lo'ak- Don't worry about him, we'll be glad to have you.

Rotxo- Don't speak for me, Lo'ak. I will not be gl-

Lo'ak covers his mouth, making him grumble.

Lo'ak- Like I said, we'll be glad to have you. This is for fun and learning to get along anyway, so might as well.

Rotxo rolls his eyes, then pulls Lo'ak's hand off of him and stands.

Rotxo- I'll go tell Aonung and Neteyam.

He aims another glare at Na'haji then to Lo'ak before leaving the den.

Kiri- What's got him so moody?

Lo'ak- I don't know. One moment he's smiling and the next he's looking at me like he wants to fight.

Kiri- Never seen him glare so much.

Lo'ak- It's kinda cute, but don't tell him I said that.

Tsireya- He's upset with Na'haji isn't he?

Lo'ak- That's the way it seems. I mean, he didn't exactly give the best first impression.

Na'haji- I will try to make up for it.

Lo'ak- I hope so.