Part 116

Back in Awa'atlu, on a sunny morning, Ronal walks into the back room of her den, greeting her daughter as she lifts Wari from his bed.

The baby boy yawns, wishing to sleep longer, but his mother has plans for him today. He will spend the day with his big sister, swimming in the reef and whatever else she decides to do with him.

Once Tsireya is up and ready, she takes her baby brother out with her for the day while their mother attends to some business.

Jake has been of great help to her, but Ronal still has much on her mind. While her oldest son has been gone for almost a complete two weeks, she's been thinking of the training he no longer has because of his father's absence.

She was so distraught herself, the very important matter had easily slipped her mind in the chaotic days after her mate's death; Which led to the bad decision to throw Aonung into his place before being ready.

Her main focus was to give her people what they needed as soon as she could, which she later realized wasn't her untrained child, but the experienced Toruk Makto; The obvious option she had first overlooked. She has been pleased with his rule, but her son is to be their ruler one day, and he's nowhere near prepared.

Before the Omatikayan family came to them, Aonung was on the right track. Though his father was strict, the boy didn't see it as cruel, he was driven by the discipline that kept him in line. When he started to waver from his perfect behavior, upon the arrival of the Sullys, his father quickly became irritated, but no matter what he did he couldn't get Aonung back on track.

Ronal is fond of Jake's family, but didn't fail to notice her son's growing attachment to Neteyam was the reason behind his behavior. Though, she never expected it to be because of romantic feelings, since he had never shown interest in the topic before.

She quickly makes her way to the Sullys den, greeting Tuktirey as she runs past her to go do who knows what. Inside, Neytiri is sitting with Jake, in the middle of a soft spoken conversation. When Ronal's presence is noticed, she smiles and greets her.

Neytiri- Ronal, do come in. How are you this morning?

Ronal- I am well. And you two?

Neytiri- Fine as well. What brings you here?

Ronal- A matter I wish to discuss with your mate, regarding my son.

Neytiri stands from her spot, and offers it to Ronal, then goes to stand at Jake's side.

Jake- What's the problem?

Ronal- Your oldest son is very skilled, more so than my own. May I ask how you achieved this?

Jake- Well, not only is guidance crucial, actual experience is an even better teacher, and Neteyam has plenty of that.

Ronal- I see. Aonung has no experience besides hunting or diving, and his fighting skills are likely less than they should be since he hasn't practiced much after our days in the clearing.

Neytiri- Are you worried for him?

Ronal- Yes, and I would like to request for you, Jake Sully, to train my son in your ways.

Jake- My ways?

Ronal- With the Sky people around now, learning to fight against them as you have will be better than what any of my warriors here could teach him.

Jake exchanges a look with his mate, holding just a hint of worry that only she can see.

Jake- Neteyam got so well because he learned on the field.

Ronal- You have my permission to take Aonung with you on your missions.

Jake- That could be really dangerous for him. Are you sure?

Ronal- You did the same with your own son.

Jake- Well, yeah, but there wasn't much of a choice.

Ronal- So, you will not train my son?

Jake- I-

Neytiri- Ma'Jake.

His mate understands his concern, but also doesn't want to disappoint the Tsahík, or show any disrespect.

Jake- I will, it's just, I was-

Ronal- Worried, I know. I appreciate your concern, but becoming a true leader is never easy. You are aware of that, I'm sure.

Jake- (sighs) All too well.

Ronal- Thank you for choosing to help him, you may start as soon as he returns.

Spider- Jake!

The lone human of the village runs in with excitement, with Tuktirey behind him.

Spider- They're back!

Jake- Has it been two weeks already?

Neytiri- Almost.

Tuktirey- Come on!