Part 43

By the time they reach Ronal's den, Neteyam begins to feel a slight pain in his wound, telling him he's done enough moving around for now.

The first thing he does is sit down, resting himself. Suddenly Tsireya walks out of the back and greets them with Wari in her arms.

Lo'ak immediately tenses up, nearly forgetting to greet her back, but Rotxo taps his arm to get it out of him.

Lo'ak- Hey. Busy day?

Tsireya- Very busy. What have you three been up to?

Lo'ak- Just walking around the forest.

Tsireya- No wonder Neteyam needed to sit down so fast.

Neteyam- Where's Aonung?

Tsireya- I last saw him down at the shore. I think you should wait till he is finished with his duties before hanging out though.

Neteyam- Okay, we'll wait here.

Neteyam lays on the floor with his hands behind his head, completely relaxed. Rotxo decides to leave, and Lo'ak sits near his brother.

It doesn't take long for Neteyam to fall asleep. He was in the forest half the day, which is much more than he's done in the past month.

Once eclipse reveals the dancing stars, Neteyam and Lo'ak are still both asleep next to each other. But their slumber is rudely interrupted by the loud sound of a horn, followed by more.

Lo'ak jolts up, and Neteyam flinches, then groans a bit from moving the muscles in his torso so quickly.

Lo'ak helps him stand, then Tsireya comes out of the back. The moment they step out of the den there's panic everywhere outside.

Each of them looks around frantically at the rising chaos.

Lo'ak- What the hell is going on?

Neteyam- Sky people?

Tsireya- Stay here with Wari, I will go find my mother.

Just as Tsireya runs off, Rotxo comes over from another direction.

Rotxo- Guys!

He nearly runs into Lo'ak, stumbling over a bit, and Neteyam helps steady him.

Neteyam- What is it? What's going on?

Rotxo- It's Aonung, he's missing.