Part 96

Neteyam takes off into a sprint, quickly making his way to the beach. As he searches around, he doesn't find him, and even asks a few others if they've seen him leave, but none have, meaning he's still here somewhere. Then a spot comes to mind, a spot they haven't been to in a while. With the place in mind, he immediately changes his course, and heads to the familiar that faces the ocean.

As he walks up to the few large rocks, sure enough, he sees his lost marine boy sitting on one, looking out at the horizon.

As he approaches, Aonung glances up at him, and slides over a bit, giving him more space to sit. He places himself comfortably next to him, and looks up at the sky. He would normally cuddle the boy, but feels he should keep a little distance out of respect for the situation.

Neteyam- What's on your mind?

Aonung- Many things.

He turns his gaze from the sky to the marine boy's calm looking face, and places a hand on his back, rubbing it a bit.

Neteyam- How do you feel?

Aonung- Free, but . . .

Neteyam- But what?

Aonung- I miss my friend.

He removes his hand, placing it next to himself and looking out at the sea. He did this to give the boy some space, but it makes Aonung turn his gaze to him.

Aonung- There's no need for you to be distant.

Neteyam meets his gaze, a little surprised by his words.

Neteyam- But, you just-

Aonung suddenly places a soft peck on his lips, then places his large hand over his.

Aonung- I said I miss my friend, not my mate. You're more that to me than he was.

Neteyam- Are you sure?

Aonung- Certain.

With a small smile, Neteyam scoots closer, and lies his head on Aonung's shoulder, snuggling into him as he holds his hand. Aonung chuckles softly, feeling comforted by the affection. He does miss Mo'dan, but it's nothing new. He's already felt this way for an entire year, since the day the boy suddenly changed.

Aonung- At least I don't have to worry about him taking advantage of you again.

He feels a bit embarrassed, thinking of how he gave into the boy's advances.

Neteyam- I'm really sorry about that.

Aonung- It's okay, I know it wasn't your heart that was tempted. Being a flirt was half his personality, so as much as it pissed me off, it wasn't surprising.

Neteyam- Really?

Aonung- Yeah. What did surprise me was how you gave in after you tried to kill him.

Neteyam- I didn't understand that part myself.

Aonung- The mind and body work in strange ways, huh.

Neteyam- Yeah.

He snuggles closer, happily, but still senses a lingering sadness in the atmosphere.

It's always harder for him to read Aonung than anyone else, and this inability forces him to have to ask questions, and hope the voiced response gives him enough insight to understand. From there, it's a matter of guessing.

Aonung- Will you sing for me?

Neteyam looks up at Aonung's calm gaze, and the slight clenching of his jaw. After adjusting himself a bit, he begins to sing only his part of the calming Omatikayan song. Aonung looks back out at the horizon as he listens to his soothing voice, helping him ease the chaos screaming within him.