5.60 - A Little Rebel - The Sleepless Elite's wife

Start from the beginning

She sighed nonchalantly as she waited for Li Jie's reply, occasionally waving at the person who was trying to take a picture of her secretly.

The next scenes were to be shot in another province, so she had to pack her things up. It was becoming harder to reach their nest unnoticed. She took it as an opportunity to train her shinobi skills, but sometimes, she would need to stay back at her parent's house... That was exactly what she did when she received the flowers from Mo Luwei.

(Silika Lin): I had to decide between wasting my husband's time or yours, so what do you think was my decision? (๑¯◡¯๑) It's not the scandals that are endangering Mo Luwei's standing, but Quin Yu.👉😈👈 Your family's tech company is still being pressured, right?

(Silika Lin): It's payback time. ♪ヽ(・ˇ∀ˇ・ゞ) #LiJieForANewCEO

'Quin Yu? No, there has to be more to it.' Li Jie was speechless at this woman's audacity. Seeing how her every move was intentional, from the scandals to everything else, made him feel like an ignorant kid. She was scarily experienced; so much so, it made him feel skeptical at times.

Her maturity remained veiled to those who didn't scrutinize her closely, but for observers like Li Jie, her calculated nature couldn't be overlooked. She never acted recklessly, always ensuring an exit strategy. Her caution, though unconventional, wasn't about making enemies; rather, it seemed she was building her own army, garnering loyal followers who would heed her every command.

There weren't pictures of Silika Lin on the billboards or ads due to Mo Luwei's suppression, but she became easily recognizable by the youngsters.

Except for Mo Luwei, nobody dared to look for trouble with her. She flaunted her fighting skills, which made it difficult for others to bully her. Not even the paparazzi that sometimes followed her dared to pick a battle with her. She radiated a kind of higher status and power that somehow earned others' respect.

If Li Jie knew what she accomplished in her past lives, he wouldn't be as surprised. Even if she didn't know how to fight, she would let others do it in her stead.

The knowledge of being the ruthless CEO, who tore down other companies with a point of no return, came biting back at Mo Luwei. More and more haters came out of their hiding spots while Silika Lin gained more and more followers.

· · ──────── · ⊱❈⊰· ──────── · ·

"CUT!" The director yelled into the microphone with a broad smile, his heart beating as loudly as thousands of drums.

This was the very reason the director agreed to stage Silika Lin. Silika Lin, in her streams, was the most accurate representation of who Lisha would grow up to be. Lisha would grow from a little, naive girl and turn into a capable woman. Lisha, once going through enough hardships, would become a skilled leader of the organization.

Whenever he confronted Silika, he would feel intimidated, but despite his intimidation of her, he would treat Silika harshly at times for the sake of his movie. Now, he didn't need to keep filming Lisha, who was weak as a teenager anymore, "Silika! Who would have thought you would finish the hardest scene on your first try?"

"Oh no, don't mention it. I feel too embarrassed right now," Bing Shi covered her face as she got off the movie's male lead chest, aka her undercover husband.

Bing Shi needed help with an intimate scene, and her hero came to her rescue. She and Lu Kai trained so much for the past few nights. Midway into a fight that was more show than anything else, they would have to stage an accident where they would kiss accidentally... like in a romantic teen movie.

'This is really not a job meant for me.'

Bing Shi just wanted to be done with this as quickly as possible. Her respect towards all actors and idols, who had to deal with many things, intensified with each passing second.

Lu Kai, with a new face, stood up from the cold dungeon ground, touching his bruised lips with a chuckle while his hand went through his black hair that had turned a bit messy because of their fight. Each movement of his muscles caused a rise in the temperature from their surroundings.

Grabbing a towel from Bing Shi's seat, Lu Kai threw it over her head. He was hoping that blocking her view of all the crew would ease her anxiety. She found kissing in front of so many people very uncomfortable... as expected of someone who didn't like PDA.

The movie set stared at the silent man and the embarrassed girl, their mouths open wide with shock. Those two seriously fought for real! Both clad in tank tops, their bodies bore visible bruises and traces of blood from their heated confrontation.

Lisha's and Zekiel's stunts were both dangerous and physically demanding, difficult to nail down. Their fight looked like a choreographed dance of destruction. They moved almost without sound. It was as if a hundred divergent emotions got turned into one, into something they could feel together.

Don't tell them something was going on between those two! The sparks flew here and there, all around, everywhere! Just the sight of Ziekel inserting his tongue inside Lisha's mouth during the brief touch of their lips made their hearts skip a beat a thousand times! Just when they started to ship Silika with Li Jie, this scene made them instantly change their opinion!