All in Vain

"Uttara?"

They all looked at him with a confused face.

"Mr. Maheshwari," the inspector was coming closer, "please explain me what is on your mind, as you always have been trying to solve it by yourself and always being late in sharing the information with us."

Laksh felt a bit bad, "cause I don't trust everyone, just look what happened while I thought the servants were going to on our side, they betrayed us." Even his lame excuse wasn't liked by anyone.

"Laksh, c'mon now, say what is in your mind that we all can understand and share our view with you." Adarsh being the older brother and mediator in the group of people.

Laksh rolled his eyes, a deep breath and heavy voice, "she is pregnant with Karthik's child. His DNA is right with us."

Everyone was quiet. A silence halted the conversation yet everyone had the same thought.

He is right...

No one dared to say something, yet someone who was is in a similar situation spoke, "no," everyone looked at Ragini.

"What do you mean by 'no'" Laksh questioned her, having a furious look on his face.

"Laksh it's dangerous, she might be pregnant that doesn't mean you can use her or the innocent fetus. How can you even suggest something like this," she was holding her belly in fear and protection, "you don't know how it feels, if something might happen. Even now I'm scared that with my failure to protect myself I have harmed the baby," tears were rolling down unstoppably from her eyes, her broke voice calmed Laksh anger.

He went closer to her and embraced her, "I'm sorry. I didn't meant to hurt her or the baby. Can't we use it as a leverage to get him out of his hideout?" He was caressing her back, while consoling her softly.

The inspector was thinking about it too, "well I would suggest to find the accomplice of Tanya, after that we can think of how to lure them out. Is this something we can work with now? I can't believe that I'm even asking it as an inspector." He shook his head in disbelief, but all agreed and Ragini buried her head in Laksh chest.

"I'm sorry," Laksh whispered in her ear, "I love you, and my two Baacha's."

Ragini nodded, sniffing at his chest, "oh you smell good."

Laksh smiled, "cause I have to be very careful about what to wear, eat and think otherwise my wife will get mad at me and that's something j can't risk anymore. I'm too scared."

Ragini hit him playfully and all the servants were called out into the hall.

The inspector started the investigation, but no one was speaking out neither of them pointed on someone. He then took out the phone of Tanya, which Ragini had given to him.

The phone of the woman, who is/was in charge of Ragini's health care.

"Damn it," Laksh made a fist in anger, "I hope for you that nothing is wrong with my wife and child I will make you pay and regret that you joint hands with Tanya."

She shook her head, "no Sir, please trust me. I would never harm her or the baby. I didn't know who she was, a man came by and asked me once about the interior of the house, I let him in. Remember Mrs. Lakshya Maheshwari?"

Ragini bit on her lips, "well there was someone, but he had a card otherwise I would never allow it."

Laksh couldn't believe his ears, "wait, why did she called you?" He asked the caretaker.

"Ma'am gave them my number in case if they have any request. It's true I talked to someone today. They asked if someone was at home and if they could check on the house again. I'm so sorry, I really didn't know what they would do and who they were." She was frightened.

Oh damn, they have even pulled innocent people into their schemes. But I can't trust them yet they even fooled with Ragini.

Ragini could read his face, "I have the card of this guy, maybe with the fingerprints we can get closer to them?" She went upstairs to get the card, the forensic team had arrived too and they found fingerprints on the sill, they took the fingerprints of everyone in the house to compare and the card was sent to an analysts office.

Laksh had 'fired' everyone for the time being. Uttara was a good thought, but seeing Ragini I can't even think about it anymore. Gosh it's so tiring watching how everything is slipping off my hands. This can't be. I have had been always a step ahead, but their way to disguise themselves is something I have never given much thought of before, now I will keep an eye on everything. I have to ask them to check all the footage again, maybe there is someone we ignored.

Ragini was sleeping on Laksh lap, she didn't wanted to alone and had forbidden him to leave the house for the next few days.

Somewhere else. Really late in the night.

"Uttara come it's the best if we leave now. No one knows it and we can pretend that this child is ours, you will remain pure," Sanskaar was talking to her to make her understand that right now the best way is to leave everything behind and start over again.

"Bhai we can't do this, this is my child I will look after it." Uttara was still blinded by the love of Karthik, "he will come back, we will be together soon."

Swara shook her head, "Uttara, if he wanted you or the child, then they wouldn't have betrayed us the way they did. Don't you understand that we are the only one who are trying to help you?"

Uttara didn't liked it, "you have been betrayed not me. I'm waiting for him to come."

"Just shut up, he won't come again, now c'mon and let's leave this place," Sanskaar shouted as loud as possible. His anger had reached another level as ever before.

"Uttara let's go." Swara took her hand and they both sat the backseats of the car, while Sanskaar drove them to the airport.

"Sanskaar please slow down, it's like we are trying to escape this place," Swara said to him, but Sanskaar ignored it.

Well someone else was tailing them...