4.7 - Tian Shi As In Angel - Dangerous Angels

Start from the beginning

"I want to open a brothel in the capital. The one where women sell their skills but not their bodies," she explained her plans, "Let's look for a suitable building. But before that, I want to see all the girls at your disposition."

'To accomplish something, I need to gain power and connection from scratch.'

Thinking about his disappearing wealth, Hasan was unwilling. Such brothels needed loads of resources, time, and mainly, proper management.

As if reading his thoughts, Kuro twisted its thin body around his neck and started to choke him like a rat, "Y-Yes! I'll do as you wish!"

"Thank you." Bing Shi had four years to prevent Zhao Rong from marrying Mao An. The twenty years old Zhao Rong already killed his two wives. According to the story, Zhao Rong should be expanding his troops right now.

[Hidden quest: Ask Zhao Rong why he killed his wives. +250p.]

'I see nothing ♪♫'

'I hear nothing ♪♫'

· · ───────── · ⊱❈⊰· ───────── · ·

Rania slave market...

Sand-colored mudbrick buildings rose tall on both sides of the wide road, adorned with carved animal totems and significant religious symbols. A dappled sun filtered through the small windows.

Men walked with sacks slung over their shoulders, flinching as nearby wardens cracked their whips. A fresh group of malnourished slaves was being conveyed in wooden wagons. Among the captives, some were confined in pens alongside cattle and other livestock.

The treatment of women and children was no better; to enhance their appeal, slave traders garbed them in silk and ostentatious attire, or in some cases, left them with nothing at all.

Their footsteps shuffled softly across the dusty ground, and Bing Shi drew in a deep breath to keep her tears at bay, absorbing the emotions that hung in the air.

The sight of people suffering was something Bing Shi despised, and the pervasive pain that seemed to touch nearly everyone's lives saddened her deeply.

She had a tendency to analyze things deeply and sometimes wished she could be less empathetic, to avoid feeling others' pain in difficult times.

'My sleeping beauty, where are you?'

Hasan's eyes periodically shifted toward Bing Shi's pained expression. He hoped this angel wouldn't be stupid enough to order him to buy everything.

He didn't possess that kind of wealth, ah! Even if he did, it would change nothing. She would only fill all the slave trader's pockets with money.

He showed her the path towards an underground passage under his slave shop, "Is this miss' first time visiting a slave market?"

Bing Shi nodded her head robotically, "Aren't you afraid that they'd rebel for being maltreated?"

Hasan, who saw it as something normal, described the current situation in Rania, "The majority of these slaves are debt slaves or war prisoners."

Prince Zhao Rong owned the most slaves, making him the wealthiest person in Rania Kingdom. His slaves toiled in his tobacco, cotton, and sugarcane plantations, driving the economy's rapid growth due to the low-cost labor.

The overworked and malnourised slaves had no strenght left to fight against the increasing Rania population and the might of prince Zhao Rong's army.

"Those working on the field aren't treated that badly. As long as their stomach are filled, they won't rebel. The poorest would even become slaves so they could work for prince Zhao Rong," Hasan explained.

'Do they have no other aspirations?'

'Maybe if they weren't focused purely on survival, they would have time to think about how to improve their lives.'

'Zhao Rong is like a pillar of Rania; taking him down with a revolution will be impossible.'

Bing Shi pointed at the next door, "I want to go there."

Cold sweat poured down Hasan's crooked nose, "Then, let me call somebody to wash them first."

"No need," Bing Shi urged him to open the door.

Stepping inside, a gush of smell hit her nostrils—body odor, urine, and feces seeped out of the bodies behind the metal bars.

On the harsh ground, young girls and boys lay in sweat-soaked, unwashed clothes.

These individuals were the offspring of merchants and former officials from various countries.

Disregarding the odor, Bing Shi squeezed her eyes shut, fighting back a tear. Uncertain whether her decision was correct.

While she was determined not to mistreat the children, the underlying reality remained...

'I am going to exploit the slave system.'

'Won't that put me on the same level as the majority in this world?'