5.35 - Li Jie Deserves Better - The Sleepless Elite's Wife

Start from the beginning

"Let these people go? I not only want to destroy Li Jie but also you," Mo Luwei glanced at Bing Shi, still trying to push his might through. Thinking that it wasn't enough, he tried to intimidate everyone. The words he spoke lingered in Su Min's ears, "I want to destroy everything good in your eyes and heart. I want to ruin those few things that like you so you'll live in misery for the rest of your— mmmpf!"

"I would be careful with the things you say," Bing Shi shoved a tissue into Mo Luwei's mouth with a disdainful sneer. She was trying to keep this civil, so no blood would be drawn!

After catching Mo Luwei's attention —his face was hilarious with the crinkled tissue in his mouth— she carried on speaking, "You may have a few bodyguards, but Senior Li has a whole army of my types all around the world. Would you be able to take them all on?"

Mo Luwei spat the tissue out and yelled fiercely. He chased after the speeding Silika while cursing throughout the hospital halls. All his wrath and attention had shifted to Silika.

Finally, alone, Li Jie looked at Su Min. He was about to say something, but a message from his crazy fan interrupted the silence.

(Silika Lin): She needs a change of place. Could you clean up the crime scene? Mainly the window, the floor, and the bullet. Thank You!

Li Jie deleted the message after reading it aloud to the curious Su Min, "You heard my fan. I have a whole army protecting me, so don't you worry about me. Your recovery is far more important so... you better have a good rest," he smiled gently at Su Min.

Su Min noticed that her vision was becoming blurry. Reaching up with her hand to touch her cheek, she realised that she was weeping. Finally she realised the extent of Li Jie's love for her.

Li Jie respectfully didn't mention Su Min's tears and carefully went about covering her with a bedsheet. He tucked her in carefully like she was the most precious thing he'd discovered.

'He looks at me... like I'm something worth loving.' With this thought, Su Min stifled the urge to cry harder.

'No... not something,' Su Min stared deeply at Li Jie who was working on getting her pillow fluffed just the way she liked it. 'Someone.'

Su Min had wanted to be loved and here, the loyal Li Jie was here to love her despite all her selfishness: in spite of her horrible actions of leaving him for Mo Luwei. She bit her bottom lip and tasted the salt of her tears gathering on the tip of her tongue. She refrained from saying something silly to Li Jie. Something like, "Maybe I could learn to like you".

He didn't deserve a shred of false hope from her. Su Min didn't want to mess up again. Not with Li Jie. Not with someone who could handle her at her worst. He deserved someone better than her.

"I've loved you since your freshman year... I would do anything for you." Li Jie unexpectedly confessed to her when he was finished propping her onto the pillow he fluffed. Su Min opened her mouth to say something, but he gestured with his hand in the air for her to stop.

Now was the time for him to talk.

The tone of Li Jie's voice was grave as he told Su Min with absolute certainty, "If you asked me to kill Su Luqin..." Here, he paused so he could lean closer to Su Min's face.

Her eyes were wide open, her mouth an 'o'. It would have been a funny sight to see, but to Li Jie, this was only one of many beautiful expressions on her face that he adored. He held her crying face in his hands and wiped the droplets of water delicately after bopping her on the nose. This action made Su Min sob harder.

"Oh, silly girl," he whispered as he leaned his forehead against hers.

He was sharing his vulnerability to Su Min, as she was just as vulnerable to him. He could feel his own heart crack with anguish just by staring at Su Min's defenseless eyes.

"If you asked me to kill Su Luqin," he repeated again. His voice was so soft he didn't notice the way it cracked imperceptibly with the heavy admittance in his words.

"I would ask you how you wanted me to kill her," with that, he placed the sweetest kiss upon Su Min's forehead as though he were sealing a promise in his sinister words.

"I'm sorry," Su Min wailed as she collapsed against Li Jie's sturdy body. He grunted as he held her tightly in his arms, though there were no complaints of the wet sensation he could feel on his shirt.

"Hey, it's okay..." He whispered, defeated, "It's okay."

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry," she repeated as she sunk into a deep abyss of despair. How could such a good man like Li Jie love her? How could her heart not beat for Li Jie's unwavering adoration? How could she not feel something when he'd admitted that he would do as she says- even going so far as to murder that woman?

╔═══ Author's note ════╗

Anyone with a second male lead syndrome?

*Raising both my hands crazily*

╚═════════════════╝