The Parents of A Little Bird

Start from the beginning

"Are you?" Raven brows pull, a blink as she asks him. "Then why do you talk about her father the way you do when I am not around?" Robin gets quiet making Raven catch this. "So you have heard this to? And you let him?"

"Are you mad because I said the truth? And I wasn't talking to her, I was talking to your mother about him."

"And why are you doing that?"

"Did I say a lie?"

"I don't care!" Raven yells at him. "You do not know him and you have never taken a minute to get to know him. You stand there and you judged him from the second he ever said a word to you."

"I'm sorry, were you not waiting up for him?" Joe asks. "Did he not leave you alone? That man had left you multiple times and you let him walk right back like he has done no wrong. Don't hold him accountable for a damn thing."

"You have not been front row for our relationship, and if you did you would know all I do is hold him accountable for things he has done. But I also had to understand why he has even done the things he did. This all coming back to, you don't know him."

"Raven-"

"No," Raven stops him. "You treated me like hell because you didn't want to understand why I wanted to even be around him. I asked you to listen to me and you wouldn't. Instead you kicked me out of your house and told me find a way. I am your child and you did that to me, did you give a damn how that made me feel?"

"I also asked you to listen to your father, did you?" He asks.

"Father is a crazy title for you to use because when have you ever been that?" Raven says with a hysterical laugh.

"Okay, the two of you-"

"It's not the two of us, it is him." Raven throws up a hand. "When you put me out and I refused to walk back in your door. Did you come get me? No. Xander did."

"Shelter makes you leave your common sense?"

"You are really unbelievable and I am not doing this with you. I could go in full detail how the two of you treated me as a child and since I met Xander. But when you asked to know Mikaela after I had her, I told you no. Xander made me say yes." The shocked looks from both of them. "I was fully ready to leave you both out of my life because I will take a grudge to hell with me if I need to. But he talked me into it, all for you to talk about him horribly while she is around. Whatever you need to say about him, say it to me or to his face, do not ever say it while my daughter is in that same room."

"Mikaela-" Joe starts.

"Is not your child, she is mines." Raven snaps at him. "I refuse to let her grow up how I did or let you mess up how she sees him. You don't know him or about his life and what he needed to do to even be here, so don't speak on it."

"Don't tell me what to speak on."

"I just did." Raven says more stern. "You are never around to see him be a father because anybody who is would know that he doesn't like any violence around that child. But you wouldn't know that, would you?"

Robin sighs. "Raven your dad was just-"

"You don't have to tell me what he was doing, I already know." Raven shakes her head at him with disappointment. "You do that again and you won't ever see her again, that I can promise you. Just because our relationship cannot be fixed does not mean you get a free pass to ruin hers with Xander. Don't you ever do that to her."