Chapter 49: In treatment

Once Thanksgiving ended, the second round of videotapes made its way across town

Calista opened the front door to leave for school when she saw one for the Jones's house.

It was hours upon hours of the viewer's home but close to the door this time.

Upon the tapes, college acceptance letters were being sent out.

Calista was staring at her Harvard letter, it was a thick envelope.

There were a few other thick acceptance letters, including ones from Northern Michigan, and UCLA.

"Cali, you are killing me," Ace stated as he sat in their bed. "Just open it already."

"Maybe after school," Calista stated nervously.

"Oh, come on!" Ace laughed, as he showed her his letter "Look I'm in. In Harvard babe, so I want you to open yours and then the both of us will celebrate."

Calista took a big breath before opening it, she pulled out the letter, a big smile fell upon her face.

"I got in!" She yelled as she stood up from their bed.

"I knew you would!" Ace cheered getting onto his feet and hugged his girlfriend, spining her around, while she laughted happily.

Back at school, Principal Honey asked the school's guidance counselor, Mrs. Burble to offer extended office hours.

Something for everyone was long overdue.

Calista was walking in the school halls, as she talked with her brother on the phone.

"Have you given much thought?" Jughead asked his sister.

"I'm not sure Jug. I mean I'm happy that me and Ace got accepted into Harvard, but..." She trailed off.

"But that was always dad's dream for you." He finished his sister's sentence.

"Exactly! It feels like my entire future has been planned out. I'm not even sure if I want Harvard
anymore." Calista told him sadly.

"Come on sis. You not wanting Harvard?" Jughead asked his sister sarcastically "Cali, you have been talking about Harvard since we were in grade school, it all started when we both stayed up late to watch some criminal minds episode without our parent's knowledge."