Chapter 25: The midnight club

The 'Gryphons and Gargoyle's' game, spread like a virus through all of Riverdale, for every confiscated one, two would pop up in its place

Calista was smart enough to know that this game was dangerous and evil, she could just feel it.

And that's why she didn't played it, but she knew that her brother and boyfriend were, and that really scared her.

Calista was in class, as Mayor Hermoine Lodge spewed to them about the game.

"Two students have taken their lives and a third tried." Hermoine reported "The common thread linking these tragedies, all three victims were playing the game known as 'Gryphons and Gargoyles."

"Wait, so you are admitting that game killed Dilton and Ben?" Jughead asked her, as he leaned foward.

"And almost Ethel?" Calista added next.

"Yes, Mr. And Ms. Jones." she answered.

"But where did G&G come from?" Betty asked her "Where did Ben and Dilton even get it?"

"Well, we still don't have many answers," Hermoine answered "But from the little that we do know about it, the game seems targeted at impressionable developing finds. Namely, teens like yourselves."

"Um, challenge accepted." Reggie declared getting most of the class to laugh.

Calista leaned foward and smacked him on the back of the head "Owwww what the hell Cali!"

She glared at him, as she shook her head at him.

"Respect to the dead." Cheryl began as she rolled her eyes "But some among our flock are shepherds, not sheep."

"The game's quests are role-playing scenarios are specifically designed to foster delusion, paranoia, and ultimately violence." Hermoine informed as everyone whispered among each other "As mayor, I'm officially banning Gryphons and Gargoyles. Mrs. Burble is gonna be holding extended office hours and I've set up a 24-hour crisis hotline overseen by Kevin Keller."

"FYI, I'm only there after school." Kevin informed.

"As a parent, I'm imploring you, take care of yourselves." She wished "And stay away from this game."