Chapter 51: Quiz Show

Once Calista and Betty gathered a team for the quiz show, they got to practice hard

The team consisted of Toni, Cheryl, Calista and Veronica with Betty as their coach.

The day came when Riverdale was taking on Seaside.

"Welcome back to the Regional RIVW Quiz Show's semifinals." the quiz show announcer caught viewers up as they came back from commercials "Seaside High trails Riverdale 210 to 240. And now for the round. Which Venetian island has been famous for glass making since the thirteenth century?"

Veronica quickly hit the buzzer. "Murano."

"Correct." The announcer said.

"Never go in August." she whispered to Betty and Calista on either side of her "So many mosquitos."

"What is the length of the diagonal if the side of the square is ten?"

"Ten square root of two." Toni answered.

"Correct."

"My brilliant little savant." Cheryl smiled and wrapped her arms around her girlfriend.

Betty and Calista noticed Brett standing on the side, watching them with a smug smile.

The two girls glared at him and looked at each other, and nodded their heads.

"Which of the following is the powerhouse of the cell?"

"Mitochondria." Betty answered before he could read the options.

"Correct. John Donne is in what literary school of poetry?"

Calista buzzed in "Metaphysical."

"Correct. Which American architect's house in southwest Pennsylvania-

"Frank Lloyd Wright," Betty cut him off.

"Correct."

"Who also designed Thornhill." Cheryl spoke up "I knew that."

The quiz show timer rang.

"Well, time's up. Riverdale has won. They will go on to face Stonewall Prep in the finals."

"Hey, Betty, Calista, you did great out there." Charles smiled as he walked over to where they stood at the table of food and drinks.

"Thanks, big brother." Calista smiled.

"Great might not be enough to beat him." Betty sighed as she looked at Bret talking with the host.

"Ah, that's Bret, huh?" Charles asked the girls, as the two of them glared at the son of a bitch.

"Bret Weston Wallis." Calista imitated him "Clearly came here to throw us off our game." She paused before turning to her brother "Is there any way you could help us with him?"