Chapter 4: The Town That Dreaded Sundown

Jughead and Calista were walking together into the cafeteria, while he talked to Betty on the phone

Calista on the other end was like a scared kitty, jumping from every loud noise.

After yesterday 'accident' she was completely freaked out.

There weren't many things that scare her, hell she went under cover for the FBI in one of the biggest crime organizations.

But Malachai terrified her.

She was now more glued to her brother than before.

"Betty, I have to maintain a semblance of being a student here." Jughead explained to Betty over the phone.

Calista then noticed some of the Serpents, gathering around a laptop.

She tapped Jughead's arm and pointed to him what she saw.

"Crap. I gotta go Betty, I'll talk to you later." Jughead quickly hung up and they walked towards the table.

When the Martinez brothers noticed them, Sweet Pea paused the video.

"Hey, I'm guessing we're not watching funny cat videos." Calista joked a bit.

Ace eyed the two Jones's, but his eyes lingered on Calista a little longer.

He frowned a bit as he noticed the tired look on her face and she looked really stressed.

He took a breath before he turned the laptop around and showed them a video of Archie and The Bulldogs.

The Jones twins gave each other a look before turning back to the laptop.

"Some sick in the head Northsider posted a crazy ass video-and we were just talking-" Sweet Pea started explaining them.

"About what?" Jughead interrupted Sweet Pea.

Sweet Pea places a hand on Fangs' back "Fogarty wants to earn his Serpent stripes. I say bring us the head of that Northsider and you're in."

"I'm down with that." Fangs said as he kept his eyes on the Jones twins.

Sweet Pea started laughing and banging his fist on the table.

Calista flinched a bit at the loud noise and on instinct she grabbed her brother's hand.

Ace noticed that and he frowned a bit at the scared look on his ex-girlfriend's face.

"No, guys, don't!" Jughead raises his voice over their cheers.

"What Jones?" Sweet Pea's demeanor changes.

"We know this guy, he's a milquetoast. He's a football player. It's kind of a lame target, is all I'm saying. You wanna prove something? Why don't you go after the Black Hood?" Jughead suggested them.

"And why would we do that? The Black Hood's targeting Northsiders, who do nothing but blame the Southside for everything that's wrong with this town. And we're sick of it. The Black Hood's doing our work for us. He's a hero." Sweet Pea told him with a smirk.