Chapter 36: The raid

It was dark as the Serpents made their way through the halls of Riverdale High

"Perimeter's clear." Jughead's voice came over the radio"Moving in."

They crept quietly through the halls, Jughead, Ace and Sweet Pea bringing up the front with the other teenage Serpents following.

Jughead pointed to the classroom doors and in teams of two, the Serpents swept the individual rooms.

Sweet Pea, Ace, Fangs and Jughead, walked into the student lounge as the others made their way through the halls.

Sweet Pea reached the exit to the lounge first and walked out, Jughead coming up behind him.

He looked both ways before noticing the red laser on the back of Sweet Pea's head.

"Sweet Pea, duck!" Jughead yelled.

"Bang, bang!" Tom sounded, ending the simulation.

Calista flipped on the lights and sighed.

"You three are dead. Always check your six, Deputies."

"It's a deadly mistake." Calista stated, walking beside FP.

"This is just a simulation, but you don't get any do-overs on the street." Tom explained.

"Which makes it all the more obvious that you boys aren't ready for them." FP pressed "You wanna stop the rogue Gargoyles?"

"Work as a team." Calista finished.

"Till you've proven you can do that, I'm not letting you out there." FP decided. "Do it again. Hit the lights, Calista. Let's go, Jug!"

"Why isn't she running it with us?" Jughead groaned.

"Because I already know about those things Jug, FBI trained me before I went under cover at the Lodge's." She answered him with a smile "And because I'm better than you." Jughead glared at his sister, who smirked at him "Don't die, boys." She smirked, shutting the lights off.

The next morning the Jones's were having breakfast at their new house, Calista was leaning against the stove drinking her coffee, when FP stumbled towards them with a frown on his face