Chapter 9: The Blackboard Jungle

"Students of Riverdale High, this is your principal speaking

"Students of Riverdale High, this is your principal speaking." Weatherbee's voice came on over the PA "Emails have already been sent to your parents, but effective immediately, Southside High School is shut down. Students will be transferred to other schools in the district, including this one. I believe the statement we're releasing will address your concerns and theirs."

"Okay, guys, let's not overreact," Veronica called out to the students around them that were all talking to their friends about the new students.

"You should be receiving it shortly. I'm sure you have many questions, but it goes without saying, we are welcoming these students with open minds, hearts, and arms."

He droned on as they all tried to listen with different thoughts flowing through their minds.

"Thank you. That is all."

"Wait, what does that... What does that mean?" Archie asked his friends, as he looked around the lounge.

"It means Jughead is coming back and Cali will be with us too." Betty told them.

"Betty, are you ready for that?" Kevin asked her, referring about her and Jughead's break up.

"Of course. We're fine." Betty answered him.

"But why is this happening now?" Archie continued.

"Who knows. It's probably some bizarre, Byzantine town ordinance we couldn't possibly understand." Veronica answered nervously "And in the meantimes, let's receive these exiles as if they were our own flesh and blood. Cali and Jughead are our friends, but they're just two of the many fish in the sea. Who's in?" She asked, looking at everyone in the lounge.

 Who's in?" She asked, looking at everyone in the lounge

"Wow. Jones. Props to you." Toni told him as they stood outside on the stairs of Southside High.

"It's very Love craftian, which I'm not sure was the intention," she said of the writing piece she held "But I gotta ask you, did you write this on a typewriter?"

"I... Yeah." Jughead stumbled on his words "I wanted to get into Lovecraft's headspace."

"Oh, so, it wasn't like Betty bought you a manual typewriter for Christmas or anything weird like that?" Calista teased as he took his writing back from Toni.