Chapter 27: Manhunt

"Betty!/ Ace!" Jughead and Calista yelled as they rushed back into the bunker

"We saw him. The Gargoyle King." Calista told them, as she looked at her best friend and boyfriend with wide eyes.

"Jug, Cali what the hell? Just now?" Betty asked them as she looked at them with wide eyes, Ace also was looking in between them with wide eyes.

"As we were walking home. We followed him into a clearing. Betty, Ace there were others. There's, like, ten of them. They look like his disciples, like they were worshiping the king." Calista explained to them, as she run her fingers through her hair.

"It was like a cult or a gang and they were just standing around a fire with gargoyle masks on." Jughead continued for his twin "A gang of gargoyles."

"Well let's go after them." Ace told them.

"No. We shouldn't push our luck. Not until we know more." Calista told him.

"Well, who could they be?" Betty asked them.

"Joaquin," Archie said from the bed and they walked over to him "Joaquin told Kevin about a new gang and then Joaquin ran into the woods."

"We know Warden Norton is playing G&G and Joaquin was doing his dirty work," Betty said.

"It's just another piece of damning evidence that Warden Norton could be out Gargoyle King."

The next morning Calista was having breakfast with Jughead and Ace before school, while FP was still showering

They were talking and laughting, when there was a knock on the door making the three teenagers look at each other.

Jughead walked over to the door and opened it only for him to groan in annoyance.

"Sheriff Minetta." Jughead greeted him sarcastically, making the couple to roll their eyes, before continuing with their breakfast.

"What can we do for you in that fine morning?" Jughead asked him sarcastically, as he opened the door more for him to walk inside the trailer.

"I have a warrant to search your trailer." Sheriff Minetta told him as he stood in front of the three teenagers.