Chapter 38: Fear the reaper

"Jellybean?" Calista called up the stairs, scanning the living room for her

"Jellybean?" Jughead's voice sounded as he ran past her and into the kitchen. "Dad. Cali."

Calista and FP walked over to Jughead at the pool table.

"What the hell is that?" FP asked, looking over Jughead's shoulder as he opened the sealed letter.

'I invite you to play a round of Gryphons and Gargoyles, the outcome will determine Princess Jellybean's fate." Jughead read, causing a shiver to run down Calista's spine.

"Hey." Gladys Jones greeted, entering the house.

"Why is the door wide open? And Cali, why is your bike laying in the yard?"

No one said anything, as the three Jones were in a state of anger and shock to answer her.

"What's wrong?" She asked, looking between all three of them "Where's JB?"

"She was taken." FP answered.

"By the Gargoyle King, and his loyal servant, Kurtz." Jughead added angrily, handing Gladys the letter.

"We have to find that son of a bitch." Gladys decided, looking at FP.

"Find him?" FP's voice was murderous "He's outside in the back of my cruiser."

"Where the hell is my daughter?" Gladys yelled in Kurtz's face after she punched him "Tell me or I'll kill you right here, right now

"Where the hell is my daughter?" Gladys yelled in Kurtz's face after she punched him "Tell me or I'll kill you right here, right now."

"Where are you keeping her Kurtz?" FP pressed.

"With an associate." Kurtz smirked "Being very well taken care of."

Gladys huffed and released her vice-like grip on Kurtz's face.

"He's not gonna tell us." Jughead deadpanned.

"Accept the invite to play." Kurtz demanded, looking at Calista "Let's see if you and your Hellcaster can bring Jellybean home, Serpent Princess."

Calista growled and swing hard at him, she turned and grabbed Jughead's arm, tugging him into the kitchen.

"He's crazy." FP stated, pointing back into the living room "How can we believe anything he has to say?"