Chapter 40: The dark secret of Harvest house

It was the next day, Calista didn't wanted to go to school after what happened and she was too scared to step one foot out of the house right now, so she stayed at home with Ace

But she knew that she couldn't hide forever and she wanted Hiram to get what he deserved so her, Ace, Archie, Mary and Veronica were now at the Andrew's kitchen talking about what Hiram had done again.

When she explained to Archie and Veronica what happened and that Malachai was back and that Hiram called him, they were even more motivated to take down Hiram Lodge once and for all.

Calista was sitting next to Mary Andrews as they were looking over the contracts, Ace was leaning against the wall with a frown on his face, while Archie was playing with a baseball in his hand.

"The deed, the contract I signed, none of it matters," Veronica announced "It was all fake. My dad still owns Pop's and the Speakeasy and I'm a fool for ever trusting him. And on top of everything he's done to me, he's now planning on buying the entire town."

Calista scoffed "Over my dead body!"

"Yeah, Ronnie, your dad sucks," Archie commented at the same time, as Calista.

Calista then got an idea "Wait a minute... Veronica what about all the shady stuff that's been going down at the Speakeasy? If it's Hiram's name on the deed..." she trailed off slightly with a smirk on her face "The fucker can be prosecuted for it."

"Shady stuff as in..." Mary trailed as she glared at the two girls a bit.

"Drinking without carding, and/or illegal gambling let's say?" Veronica listed.

"Hiram did these things?" Mary asked Veronica.

"Well, technically no, not exactly. But if the property were under his name, doesn't that make him liable?" Veronica asked.

"I think I might know someone who might be able to help." Mary informed them as she looked back at the papers.

Calista looked back at Ace, who winked at her as she smiled at him.