Chapter 26: The great escape

Betty and Calista stood at the bottom of Dilton's bunker, everyone was looking at each other

Calista kept her glare on her brother, but talked to everyone "Out!" She told them.

Ace looked at his girfriend in confusion "What?"

"OUT!" She snapped at all of them "We need to talk to Jughead alone."

Ace looked at his girlfriend in confusion, but when he saw the glare on her face he knew she was really pissed off.

He grabbed Fangs and Sweet Pea by their shoulders, and pushed them towards the exit, with Toni and Cheryl behind them.

He knew better than to pissed her even more right now.

Betty was sitting down in front of Jughead, while Calista was leaning against the wall with her arms crossed in front of her chest

Betty was sitting down in front of Jughead, while Calista was leaning against the wall with her arms crossed in front of her chest. With a glare on her face.

"So you've confirmed..." Jughead began "So our dad played G&G in high school, huh? Of course, it makes so much sense."

"All of our parents did." Betty stated "And they swore each other to secrecy, but, Jug, while they were playing, one of them killed their principal back then, Felix Featherhead, either accidentally, or on purpose, but, he had blue lips."

"Just like Ben and Dilton, which is why all of this has to stop--" Calista insisted as she gestured to the game.

"Cali, the fact that our parents played G&G just corroborates what I've come to believe," Jughead said.

"And what have you come to believe?" Calista asked him with a frown on her face.

"That we have been playing this game for a lot longer than we know. And off-board? Think about it, the Hot Dog rescue, what was that, if it was not a quest."

Betty and Calista looked at each other in annoyance.

"The Serpents, the Ghoulies, what are they? If no warring tribes might as well call us orcs and goblins."

"Okay, you're not making any sense." Calista growled as she put her hand out for him to stop.

"And you're also not listening to anything that we're saying," Betty added "We have nine suspects that are real, tangible leads. One of our parents could be a murderer, so let's investigate them."