Chapter 43: Fast Times at Riverdale High

The rest of summer vacation passed quickly

Calista, Jughead, Betty, Veronica and Archie had dinner at Pop's every night they could and they could see that he was slowly getting better.

She spent most of her days hanging out with Ace, Sweet Pea and Toni at the Serpent Den.

The town was healing and rebuilding as the night before the first day of school came.

"You know, I really can't imagine a better way to spend our last night of summer vacation," Betty smiled as she sat in Jughead's lap at the Pembroke.

Veronica in Archie's and Calista sat in a chair in front of them.

"It's it crazy?" Veronica asked "In just nine months, life as we know it will be over. No more high school."

"No more Blue and Gold," Betty said sadly "No more heart to hearts at the lockers."

"Oh, B, don't be sad." Veronica told her sadly.

"I'm sorry, guys. I can't help but think life goes by so fast, and none of us are very good at stopping to savor it. But tonight we will be." Betty told them with a smile.

"Mmm-hmm," Jughead hummed as she looked at him.

"Hey, this year is our year, alright?" Archie told Betty "All of us."

"We're all together, with the people we love," Betty smiled down at Jughead.

"It's gonna be our best year yet."

She leant down and started making out with him and Calista grimaced, waving to Archie and Veronica as she grabbed her stuff.

"I'll see you all at school tomorrow." she told them "Have fun, be safe."

She smiled before closing the door, making them laugh before going back to their kissing.

On the morning of the first day of school, Calista and Ace woke up in time, got dressed and walked together into the kitchen for breakfast and their morning coffee

After breakfast the two of them quickly left for the first day of their last school year.

When they arrived at school, Ace and Calista were confronted by the new principal, Mr. Honey.