Chapter 45: Halloween

Two Days Before Halloween

Time seemed to be flying in the town of Riverdale.

Weeks passed by like seconds ticking away on a clock, and life was pretty normal for that time.

However nothing stayed normal in Riverdale.

There was always something off in Riverdale; whether it be families hiding relations, or cults nestling in the quiet town, something was always off.

Previously it was Gladys Jones that had been the factor to throw Riverdale into a frenzy.

This time it was a tape dropped off at the front door late at night.

At first Jughead, Betty, Calista and Ace kept the tape for themselves watching it and pondering about it before telling FP about it.

So when Charles had FP and Alice watch the tape beside the four teenagers, they were the only ones to give a reaction.

"What is this?" Alice asked, looking at the tv.

Calista gripped Ace's hand tightly, feeling uncomfortable at the footage of their home playing on the tv.

"Fast forward." Charles prompted, eyeing the footage.

"It's literally six hours..." Betty trailed off "Of our house."

"Why would somebody do this?" Alice questioned "Film it and then leave the evidence at the front doorstep?"

"To unsettle you." Charles offered.

"It's working." Calista whispered.

"To let you know you're being watched." Charles continued, placing a hand on his younger sister's shoulder.

"Yeah, but why a videotape?" Ace questioned "Why something so anachronistic?"

"Maybe it's just a prank." FP suggested, glancing down at Ace.

"Some prank." Calista muttered, finally looking away from the tv.

The feeling of being watched lingered for weeks.

Instead of time flying by as it did before the tapes, it now dragged on.

The tapes had set everyone who received one on edge, and those who didn't receive one were left paranoid.