Chapter 22: Labor day

Summer was coming to his end

Summer was coming to his end. The whole summer everyone worked very hard to find evidence, that will clear Archie's name.

Betty and Calista worked with Mary helping her with Archie's case.

But also that was helping Calista get her mind out of the nightmares she had been having ever since she and Jughead gave themselves to Penny and Malachai.

Every night she wake up her family and her boyfriend and the whole camp with her screams of terror.

She felt so guilty that her family suffers because of her, but the image of her brother being beaten up by the Ghoulies and Penny cutting his tattoo... it was imprinted in her mind.

But also her anger has gotten worse, she would lash out on everything and everyone.

And the panic attacks... she was definitely not going good.

She was just thankful that Ace was by her side the whole time, without any doubt.

Every night he would hug her tightly, he would kiss her forehead and repeat how much he loves her and her family was okay.

Her brother was alive.

In the Courtroom at Archie's trial

Calista was sitting in between her brother and boyfriend, in front of Sweet Pea and Josie, watching the scene occur.

It was scorching hot in the room, which led to most people fanning themselves with either a piece of paper or their own hand.

Miss Wright, Riverdale's prosecutor, stood up and turned to look at the jury.

"Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury, the evidence and testimony that was presented in this court tell a dark story. That Mr. Andrews has a history of violent behavior. That he started not one, but two mass vigilante groups. That he assaulted an innocent boy, who was helpless with two broken legs. That he went'wilding' in the Southside of town and threatened to shoot a young man in the face."

Calista sighed, turning her head back to share a glance with Sweet Pea, knowing that the young man was him.

"That whole partying with his friends in the town of Shadow Lake. Mr. Andrews ran into the woods and shot the victim, Cassidy Bullock, point-blank in the head. Now Mr. Andrews claims that it was his girlfriend's father's doorman who shot Mr. Bullock. A shot Mr. Andrews claims to have heard, but not seen. Who knows the truth of what happened that terrible night in the woods near Shadow Lake? I'll tell you who."