Chapter 54: How to Get Away with Murder

Archie, Betty, Ace and Veronica all stood around a fire, in their underwear, burning their clothes, that were covered in blood

In Jughead and Calista Jones's blood.

Ace watched with a blank expresion as his clothes burned away along with Calista's.

Archie threw Jughead's beanie into the fire, and then they cleaned up in the river and they drove back to Riverdale, not saying a word to each other.

They should have said something, their stories were about to be all over the place.

When Betty and Ace came back home, they walked in silently hoping no one would see them, but of course their luck was just out.

"Elizabeth! Ace!"

The two of them turned around, when they heard Alice's voice behind them.

"You two better have a good explation for keeping me up till all hours of the night." She scolded them as she walked down the stairs "And why are you in your underwears?"

"Alice we..." Ace tried to say something.

"Is that blood on your bra?" Alice asked her daughter.

Betty looked down and saw the blood before she looked at her mother again "No! Relax, it's red wine."

"Underage drinking in the middle of the night, half-maked--"

"No we weren't even drinking Alice." Ace interrupted her "We went to a stupid Stonewall party that turned out to be toga-themed. Bret, the little dick spilled a whole bottle of wine all over Betty and some got on me too." He quickly told her a lie, and Betty couldn't be more thankful for his quick thinking.

"Okay, but I don't understand. Where are your clothes?" She asked the teenagers again.

"We put them in a sink to soak off, and when we were leaving we couldn't find them." Betty explained to her next.

"Okay, that makes no sence." Alice told them not really believing the two teenagers "So Jughead couldn't just lend you one of his grungy flannels?" She asked them "And by the way where is Calista?"

At the mention of her name Ace's face instantly grew cold and blank.

Betty took a shakely breath "I'm tired, I need to wash up and go to bed okay?" She told her mother before she grabbed Ace's hand and pulled him upstairs.

The second Ace was in their room, all his emotions pour out of him like a waterfall.

Hot tears started falling down his face and sobs racked from his body as he leaned against the door and slide down it, as his knees couldn't hold him anymore.

'Why I let her go on this stupid party!'