Chapter 55: To Die For

The breakfast table was quiet, as no one speaking as they ate

The phone suddenly rang, making everyone jump.

"I'll get it." Betty said, standing and picking up the phone "Hello... This is she... I understand." she nodded, her voice breaking as tears came to her eyes.

Alice stood and started to walk over her daughter "Thank you," she got out before hanging up.

"Honey, what's wrong?" Alice asked, but Betty only wrapped her arms around her mother, crying into her shoulder.

At school, they were all sitting in chemistry class when Fp and the other police barged in.

"Archie Andrews, Ace Martinez, Betty Cooper and Veronica Lodge." He listed as he walked in, the four all got their feet "You're under arrest for the cold-blooded murder of my son and daughter, Jughead and Calista Jones."

They all got handcuffed, as they left the classroom.

Everyone looked over at the four friends in disbelief, especially Fangs and Sweet Pea as they looked towards Ace, who looked almost too numb to feel anything.

"Keep it moving." FP ordered as he pushed her out the door.

They walked in silence as they got lead down the hall.

"This was their move." Betty said softly "The Stonies. We knew that they would do this."

"I hope you're right, Betty." Veronica said.

"Everything's fine, okay?" Betty assured.

"This is good. This is where they start tripping up more, okay?" Ace added coldly.

"This will work, it has to." Betty said with confidence.

They were brought to the police station and put behind bars.